• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

custom holdown 1366

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gangaskan

has anyone done this before? i'm thinking of doing a hold down plate for my apogee gt to take hold on a 1366 as i have the 755 hold down. i have 3/8 abs that i could use in order to facilitate this.

i know the kit is only 10 bucks or so, but i kinda want a DIY approach to it :p

Well lack of backing plate will result in the board warping. You might damage the board with the warp to an extent that you'll kill the the board. I'd rather you don't risk it ;)

Take your time, measure twice, cut once. :thup:

Well lack of backing plate will result in the board warping. You might damage the board with the warp to an extent that you'll kill the the board. I'd rather you don't risk it ;)

Take your time, measure twice, cut once. :thup:

thats what i was thinking. top plate is no biggie, bottom well..... i would rather not have that in abs just incase it melts! i wonder if i can just make a cheap cross bracing for that. the grid is protected by the mount for the retention bracket.

Back