• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First WC build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What do you think about the EVGA SupnerNOVA 650P2 vs Seasonic 660W Platinum?

I would go with Seasonic as they're the premium powerhouse for PSUs. Most companies just rebranded their PSU's for some time. Not sure if that's still going on.

As for the 2nd in line, I'd go with either EVGA or Corsair based on their CS.

For me personally, I went with Corsair AXi flagship line since they have more features than the other PSU's and had better ratings. It did come with a cost as opposed to the other PSUs.

Who is that PSU review guy that we all turned to years ago. Had his own page. Maybe they are both reviewed there.

You're thinking of JohnnyGuru as the guy that does the PSU reviews. Good stuff nonetheless.

I would go with Seasonic as they're the premium powerhouse for PSUs. Most companies just rebranded their PSU's for some time. Not sure if that's still going on.

As for the 2nd in line, I'd go with either EVGA or Corsair based on their CS.

For me personally, I went with Corsair AXi flagship line since they have more features than the other PSU's and had better ratings. It did come with a cost as opposed to the other PSUs.

You're thinking of JohnnyGuru as the guy that does the PSU reviews. Good stuff nonetheless.

I will most probably pick a Seasonic 660W Plat for my next build. JohnnyGuru had the old Seasonic 660XP rated at 9.6/10 and the SuperNOVA 650P2 for 9.8/10 . Great unit nontheless. EVGA's customer support and RMA are extraordinary as well. I asked for a confirmation email that the warranty to send it to the retailer I got the PSU from, and they replied right away. Really helpful. Is that the same deal with Seasonic's customer support?

At that level..... go with the cheaper option. You will not notice any difference and they are both exceptional units.

Thank you all for the input. Ok a small update, the PSU should be here by Monday. In a week I will start ordering all the stuff for the loop. I'm also ordering the Prodigy M windowed side panel to fit it on my Prodigy.

A small update. Recieved my RMA'd PSU and started sleeving it from scratch. I will also start ordering the WC parts. Do you think the XT rads are a bit overkill? Should I drop down to the ST series?

Back