• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THE PLANT VOGTLE EMULATOR BUILD!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
touch my bee, you keep her (and I might add a few bucks).
touch my everclear, I bleed you out!!!!!!!

well..... she's getting to be my not so little chubby bee, she's up to 105 pounds now and being 5 foot 6 inches it really shows on her, and it's not in the right places either!!!!!

well, her normal weight for years has been less than 100 pounds.
she and my new secretary wear the same sizes!!!!! they both wear size 0 and have to shop in the miss section!!!!

I have regained the use of both of my hands and some of my brain sooooooooooooooooo now it's time to reinvent this project.
it has been apart and scattered all about for a while so it's time for a refresh......of sorts.
We will continue to use georgia power best budget practices to guide us and keep this reasonable as is customary.
we will use,
same case
same cpu
same cooling, (to some degree). the monsoon reservoir sucked so to replace that I have an alphacool repack dual bay reservoir and will reuse the d5 pump.
same ram (maybe)
same power supply
gpu will be an nvidia titan x pascal- bought
gpu cooling will be water via A swiftech komodo-nv-eco-gtx-titan-x waterblock- bought,
cpu is going air cooled, because we all know big air is as good as water and I can only fit a 3x120 rad in the case and it would appear that the titan is going to take every bit of that.
soooooooo the cpu cooler will be a cooler master masterair ma620m as it looks pretty big and meaty, ordered.
am I missing anything???????

Thanks, Manny. We're working on it A little every day.
it took me all day but I got the titan x water cooled.
getting my hand, brain and eye to work together is A monster chore but here is a picture,

PIC_1297.JPG

today I will try to start rinsing out the water cooling system.

The Cooler Master MA620M cooler is ready to go in, it's pretty big!!!!!

PIC_1304.JPG PIC_1301.JPG

Attachments

• PIC_1306.JPG
    PIC_1306.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 63
Pretty much, replacing some things that have gone bad, I just did not like and stuff I have robbed from it.
I about have all the stuff in and I'll be trying to get it going over the next few days.

Thank you Dalchi, It's good to be back.

Welllllll, the MA620M cooler is not going to work in this rig.
The cooler nearly crashes into the Titan and will not allow me to use the connections to the GPU block on that side so the XSPC Raystorm block will have to go back on the cpu.
I will not use the connections on the other side of the GPU block because it makes my plumbing look awful and the hoses might also interfere with the MSI GTX 1060 I run in the second slot.
I will say that the clearance for the ram is very good and the mounting system to 2011-V3 socket is very nice and easy.
I might put the cooler on my AMD FX-9590 in my storage box in the core p5 case, water cooling A storage box is A great idea, but A liquid cooling system is needful and that rig has it's own issues, growling water pump and 2 rattling fans.

Back