• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New mouse for light gaming.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here ya goes Don;

Nice choice on the GX950. You won't be disapointed! Funny the egg didn't have it. Last time I checked they had several :confused:

Attachments

• DSC00047.JPG
    DSC00047.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00046.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 47
Thanks. I think that I'll like it. Its the most that I've ever spent on a mouse. What monitor are you using? It makes your hand look small. :rofl:

I like it. It's bigger than I thought so your hands must be huge! :rofl:

I'm trying to decide if I like the weight or not. undecided. I don't care for the "chaser" lights when the mouse is idle. I'll get the software for it later and see if that is optional.

Otherwise, it's sturdy, responsive and it does fit well in my hand in the bastardized manner that I hold it.

Nice! Sry to burst your bubble, but that's what I was talking about; the strobe light effect. Noway of turning it off :-/ Sweet mouse tho and I'm happy with mine :)

Just to be clear, I looked into each and every mouse you guys posted. Some I had never heard of. I'm not saying that the one I got is better than any other mouse you guys listed. I am saying that I thought that this mouse was better for me. Mice and keyboards are really a matter of personal preference and I have always told my customers that the mouse that I think is the best you may not like at all.

Just to be clear, I looked into each and every mouse you guys posted. Some I had never heard of. I'm not saying that the one I got is better than any other mouse you guys listed. I am saying that I thought that this mouse was better for me. Mice and keyboards are really a matter of personal preference and I have always told my customers that the mouse that I think is the best you may not like at all.
I agree. But the keyboards do have different advantages. It's still preference but yeah. Like I hate the gel buttons on cheaper keyboards. I like cherry mx switches. But all preference.

Yup. One of the main reasons I haven't upgraded my mouse in years is I want to feel it in my hand before I shell out the cash, and all I've got in town is Fry's. Their in store selection isn't very good for that sort of thing.

Yup. One of the main reasons I haven't upgraded my mouse in years is I want to feel it in my hand before I shell out the cash, and all I've got in town is Fry's. Their in store selection isn't very good for that sort of thing.
Same issue here, loved my Logi G9x had it for years but it finally bit the dust. It took me 4-5 replacements before I found one I liked again.

Same issue here, loved my Logi G9x had it for years but it finally bit the dust. It took me 4-5 replacements before I found one I liked again.

What did you finally settle on? I have short fingers, which makes most mice feel odd in my otherwise normally proportioned hand on a 6' man.

What did you finally settle on? I have short fingers, which makes most mice feel odd in my otherwise normally proportioned hand on a 6' man.
this may be right up your alley then. I liked the G9X because I use a claw grip when gaming. Most mice I tried were too big for my liking or too tall. I found the G.Skill Ripjaw Mx780 was the closest to the G9X in feel. Had it for a bit over a year now and I'm liking it.

I was going to ask why you didn't just get another G9X and then I looked up prices. :shock: That explains that. LOL The G.Skill just made my very short list!

I was going to ask why you didn't just get another G9X and then I looked up prices. :shock: That explains that. LOL The G.Skill just made my very short list!
G9X is discontinued hence the price. I actually bought one on ebay "for parts not working" and rebuilt the G9X, which I still use on for another Pc. The G.Skill is a really nice mouse but individual preference is always subjective. One thing I didn't like about it is, the sides are metal and it took a bit of getting used to because my thumb was sliding on it a bit. Now I don't even notice it, though my gaming days are all but over due to time constraints. Another mouse I liked was the Logitech 705m but it was way too bulky for me when gaming. So my little guy is using it now.

Back