• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I get rid of this POS ?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minoukat

Please help, my sister downloaded a couple of crap on my comp, and this is the result of some of it (see pic attached). How do I get this f***ing banner off ????? it ****es me off bigtime, and I don't want to format to get it off. Please !!! I think the program that caused this is some crap called "Morpheus Internet Accelerator", I uninstalled it, but still this $h!t is still here !

EDIT : sorry I had to cut it down that much, but u still can see the banner under the address bar. Now it's like I have NetZero or something ! Please help me FAST !!! :(

yup, tried it, it found some Brilliant Digital (whatever) and Cyber (sp?) stuff for KaZaA, ..., donno if this "thing" uses any of those

I think Kazaa has taken over Morpheus. Don't forget, Kazaa has a deal with a bigtime spyware company. After Adaware, go through the registry, make a backup for just in case, and look for any of the stuff you mentioned, and try deleting it there. Click Start\Settings\Control Panel\Add\Remove programs and see if any of it is mentioned there, and remove it. Run msconfig and see if any of your problem stuff is mentioned there. If so, unclick the boxes.

OK, thanks everyone, got it working after all ! :) what I think was the problem is the [insert prohebited words here] program didn't erase a couple of files after being uninstalled. So I went in Program Files, and deleted its directory (had to go through Safe Mode to do that), now it works !

Thanks again !
Alex

Heh... Castration... During those years of permanent struggle with spyware, hunting, trackdown and shootoff, I've thought over MUCH more crucial executions for those [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] who try to sneak to my home!!!:D

Anyway, jus' kick 'em and give it a smile :D

nah, I have a Voodoo3 card, so I couldn't play any games or whatever, cuz there's no driver for the V3 for Linux (as least that I know of)

Back