• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TitanFall is Amazing! Can anyone run insane at 1440p?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadInsane

Im shocked there are no threads for this amazing PC game! it runs so smooth. I am *almost* able to run this thing on INSANE at 1440p resolution, but it gets slow during intense battles so I dropped it to very high and its perfect. (2 x 680gtx SLI)

Who has the game? impressions? Can anyone run on insane at 1440p, if so what is your video card?

Absolutely love the game, the fast paced play appeals to me as an avid quake player. Nothing but good things so far, of course Im playing the game @ 1920 x 1080 @ 144Hz (too lazy to mess with lightboost after recent format lol).

I ran the beta on Insane with 8xMSAA at 2560x1440 using a single GTX780. The FPS was maxed out at the game's cap of 60.

I tried to get on last night before bed, but the servers were screwed :(

I ran the beta on Insane with 8xMSAA at 2560x1440 using a single GTX780. The FPS was maxed out at the game's cap of 60.

I tried to get on last night before bed, but the servers were screwed :(

Yea, I got in the game at the moment of launch and kept getting "Initializing". After enough clicking of Cancel then Play, eventually I got into a Private Lobby then training, then the game itself. Servers were so loaded at launch it was unbelievable.

You can bypass the 60 FPS cap, as it only applies to disabled vsync.

I played at 1440P with a single 290x at a solid 60fps during the beta

Please elaborate, I would love to bypass it.

We were able to turn on vsync ingame, then minimize, and disable vsync for the game via NVCP.

Taken from Reddit:
"Make sure to have V-Sync in the control panel set to OFF, leave Triple Buffering On then use Triple Buffer in-game."

We were able to turn on vsync ingame, then minimize, and disable vsync for the game via NVCP.

Taken from Reddit:
"Make sure to have V-Sync in the control panel set to OFF, leave Triple Buffering On then use Triple Buffer in-game."

Hmm, interesting. I hope they patch that functionality into the game though.

After a quick test of it, it looks like they removed triple buffering as well as that trick no longer seems to work "properly" like it did in the beta. Mouse lag too strong :/ Disregard I guess

Don't have it for the PC, but the Xbox One yes.
Loved the Beta, looking forward to it.
Its sitting here impatiently on my desk.... come on 5 o'clock!

Unless there's something I overlooked, after trying what I did in the beta without success, it seems that way.

Seriously, this game is really fun. It's been a while since I played a shooter but I think I'll be playing this a lot.

So this is still capped at 60fps with no solution/workaround?

Not capped on PC. I run mine on max everything and stays at around 144fps. Drops here and there to around 90 but jumps back up.

Played it for around 4 hours last night. The campaign is pretty dumb to be honest but who cares. Gameplay is superb.

have a friend playing it on 4k with 2- 780 ti's
I don't have it on PC yet since well my laptop died recently and I sold my 290's a few weeks back

Not capped on PC. I run mine on max everything and stays at around 144fps. Drops here and there to around 90 but jumps back up.

Played it for around 4 hours last night. The campaign is pretty dumb to be honest but who cares. Gameplay is superb.

The pc version is capped at 60 unless you are running it with vsync on which caps at your monitor's refresh. I can sit at around 144 once I pop on vsync, once I turn that crap off though, back to capped 60.

Back