• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TitanFall is Amazing! Can anyone run insane at 1440p?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've never heard of vsync causing issues. Vsync is meant to remove issues that can be caused by running at framerates higher than your monitor's refresh rate, such as stuttering and tearing.

If you compare vsync and no vsync side-by-side you will see that your mouse input is slowed an extraordinary amount compared to no vsync along with visible tearing. Believe me, I tried running vsync for the 144 fps, but sadly could not put up with the delay.

If that didn't make sense, basically playing without vsync is like playing Quake, playing WITH vsync feels like I'm an astronaut in space trying to turn, slowly but surely.

Titanfall is iffy when it comes to vsync and it's recommended to turn it off. Can find more info over on the Titanfall reddit, etc.

I guess I'm the opposite lol :shrug:

I always enable vsync because I don't notice any mouse delay and I can't handle the stuttering and tearing caused by running at a higher FPS than my refresh rate.

I guess I'm the opposite lol :shrug:

I always enable vsync because I don't notice any mouse delay and I can't handle the stuttering and tearing caused by running at a higher FPS than my refresh rate.

+1 except I'm running a 144hz refresh rate monitor so 144fps looks prettttyyy good with vsync. :thup:

I don't run vsync in my games anyway due to the mouse lag that it causes, but vsync is broken from what I read as far as Titanfall goes. Otherwise yes, it would normally eliminate tearing. And yes, I have the VG248QE as well ;D

I don't run vsync in my games anyway due to the mouse lag that it causes, but vsync is broken from what I read as far as Titanfall goes. Otherwise yes, it would normally eliminate tearing. And yes, I have the VG248QE as well ;D

I haven't noticed any vsync issues with it.

The 248QE is an awesome monitor. When the Swift eventually drops in price I'm definitely going to get it. 1440p in 144hz w/ G-Sync? Count me in.

I am loving this too! Seriously a lot of fun! The campaign is junk, but w/e have to do it to unlock the titans... Doesn't take very long to get through them all.

Fun game that's for sure! Add me up on Origin "Vapour1ze"

The 248QE is an awesome monitor. When the Swift eventually drops in price I'm definitely going to get it. 1440p in 144hz w/ G-Sync? Count me in.

Why not just wait on 4k... it's already here, and prices will drop! By the time gtx880 rolls around it should be worth it then.

After doing some digging, apparently vsync works for some and nothing but issues for others with various people trying "fixes" in the meantime to fix the stuttering and/or mouse lag :/ Respawn made a post in the forums about a patch to fix vsync to get it working properly and to give a true unlocked vsync to no longer have the 60 fps cap.

Also found this from an article over @ Game-Debate:
An inquisitive gamer stumbled on the news when he tweeted Respawn founder Vince Zampella, asking “@VinceZampella Is there a day one patch for pc to unlock the fps from 60 without vsync,” to which Zampella responded “no, but working on it.”

I'm glad I don't use vsync anyway, as it's a no-no in the competitive world for FPS games, buuuuuuut, with all the complaints from the beta I was sure they would fix the issue with the retail game. Sucks that so many are getting mixed results with it.

Game related:
What weapons do you guys prefer for pilots? I've been stuck to the R-101C Carbine with HCOG and Extended Mag seeing best results with that. I tried the smart pistol and it's certainly not for me, the shotty is OP at close range too, but the Carbine I keep falling back to.

Why not just wait on 4k... it's already here, and prices will drop! By the time gtx880 rolls around it should be worth it then.

Yeaaa maybe. Only problem is I'm a sucker for high refresh rates. I doubt there will be any 120+ hz 4K monitors anytime soon. Even if there were, what kind of GPU setup would you need to run that?

I apologize - been out of the loop since I've been using Precision X. Looks like they don't support 64-bit games anymore, only afterburner.

Looks like SLI isn't fully supported yet on Titanfall either, Respawn said a patch is coming soon.

holy moly! No WONDER I can't run it on insane! It's only using one of my 680's. Not freaking bad for only 55% of my gpu compute. Impressive what Respawn has done with the engine. Now, where's the SLI patch?!

anyone here that's running SLI try the "workaround" using the bioshock profile and the inspector tool? Does it actually work? (I dislike installing more crap on my computer than I need too)

Back