• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check My System Out!! (PiCs)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok wow, im loving the duct,
and orignal case fan placement.
as for more mods, a case window is a must to show off that awesome duct.
and as for quiteting fans, a fan controller?

i got the sunbeam rheobus. its got 4 seperate channels. it only takes 1 4 pin psu connetor (though it cant be a "fan only" connector). so it has 4 channels, they are 3 pin, but if you need 4 pin, there are converters. each channels can hold 20 watts. so if you have four 5 watt fans, you can hook them all up to the one channel. or you can hook up your CCFL's or whatever. to make life easier. i did this: cpu and NB heatsink fans on channel 1, intake fans (2 front, 1 side) on channel 2, exhausts (though i dont use them since i have the blowhole) on channel 3, and my psu fans on channel 4 (i wired my psu fans out to the controller because my psu monitors their voltage to 5-6 volts, so there isnt much flow, so this way, i have control as to whether i want to have them on high or low).

Sunbeam Rheobus (black)
Sunbeam Rheobus (silver)

your going to need some wireing too. whether your fans are 3 pin or 4 pin, your most likeing going to need extenders. you may need 3 pin to 4 pin converters, too. and if you want, there is a 3 pin to 4 pin converter with rpm support, so you can get power through the rheobus, and monitor the fans rpm through the motherboard connectors (i did this with the cpu fan, but dont bother with the case fan monitoring).

Wow sweet duct there man! The UV is cool and not over done, I think a gloss black would be sweet on the visable metal (eg. drive cage). The carpet is another thing I like. Props to your case. :) Just work on getting that window done to show off your work with the door close. Also, you would want a rheobus that probably doesnt stick in too much since you got the Raptors there.

Also, when I first saw the duct with UV it made me think of a nice big ice crystal. Also, with your cool temps for air it might as well be. :p :cool: :D

oh yeah, the rheobus i suggested, it doesnt stick in as much as a cd-rom. its about half that. im guessing the 2 raptors take up to slots, so you may not have another place to put the rheobus...is it possible to put one raptor in with your floppy and other hard drive or isnt there room? there is a pyramid fan controller out there, that can be set in the bottom of your case, but it adjusts the fans according to case temperature (or where the pyramid is at). it would still work at getting your fans down to a lower speed though. http://jab-tech.com/customer/product.php?productid=1776&cat=42&page=1

Im sort of tight with money these days.... any way of making a rheobus? What type of components do i need? Any guides floating around?

Also i really need some advise on paint selection... should it be automotive? rust proof?

umm, i dont know much about paint, sorry.

you can buy 12 volt to 7 volt converters, i dont know how they make them, but they have them at jab-tech. they're 3 pin so if your fans arent 3 pin youll need 3 pin to 4 pin converters. otherwise, i dont know how to make a rheobus, sorry. :(. make another thread about it though, someone should know how...or can link you to a guide, but most rheobuses are cheap so making one wouldnt be much cheaper.

Well, with a few zalman fan's that I had bought, they came with this nifty little 'silencer'.

All it was was a little resistor inline with the 3-pin connector. If I can find one I can try to ID the resistor....

Well...I can't seem to find any of mine, but by looking at the pictures it is a 56ohm resister.....noting the stripes it was green blue black gold...

I ended up using this 'identifier' http://www.dannyg.com/javascript/res/resload.htm for my "calculations".

If someone else coudl interject, saying how that might be too little..then they can try other combinations :) Or if someone just wants to actually do the math and figure out what kind he would need to drop to 7 or 5v....yea..

*btw* Nice looking computer :)

Fold and Frag on
Brian

on a totally off topic thing, I remember seeing a guide on how to build a computer desk from scratch... anyone know where to find one? Im thinking of creating a whole desktop centre with my modded pc.

as mentioned b4 make a top blowhole,this might help let more air out and being able to decrease noise,it will make up for the slower fans then u will quiet down(rheobus) take that top duct cut a hole at top and link the blowhole and CPU duct together the fan will bloe the cool air on bottom and let the hot air get out threw top,cooler CPU and less noise. AIM me for pics since ima nub and dunno how to host

so it can pull air directly from the front of his case. i have the same case and if i put my hand near the front, i can feel all that cool air coming in over my hand. now just imagine that air going straight to the HS instead of being warmed by the video card, hard drive and NB.....

gustav said:
so it can pull air directly from the front of his case. i have the same case and if i put my hand near the front, i can feel all that cool air coming in over my hand. now just imagine that air going straight to the HS instead of being warmed by the video card, hard drive and NB.....

Exactly! Plus in a few months I want to get a Mach 2 and I dont want to cut a hole in the side of my door above the cpu... it will serve no purpose with a Mach 2 cooling my cpu.

on a totally off topic thing, I remember seeing a guide on how to build a computer desk from scratch... anyone know where to find one? Im thinking of creating a whole desktop centre with my modded pc.

Some dude built a three sided desk with a ton of surface area on the desktop and posted picks on this board.

Mach 2 refers to the Prometia Mach 2, a phase change colling system also known as a 'Prommie'. It basically uses refridgerant vapors to cool the CPU. Search around on the forum and I'm sure you can find a more in depth explanation. And they cost a lot...about $600 last I checked.

Back