• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will these fit together???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sammith sinha

I had a motherboard called intel dg41cn which cant be oc-ed and a intel pentium dual cpu e2200 processor which can be oc-ed.after asking all of you how to overclock my cpu,i was replied from all of you that i can use clockgen and setfsb to do that.but my pll isnot supported by them so i cant overclock using them.so,after searching a lot in the google i decided to buy a new motherboard that is called ASUS M4A79XTD EVO which is good for oc-ing.but my only question is that"does it supports my old processor which is intel pentium dual cpu e2200?"

sorry, its not gonna work. the motherboard you bought is socket am3, e2200 is socket 775

How do you figure that it's AM3? Google tells me that it's S775, plus Intel never made AM3 boards that I'm aware of. Why would they?

I have no clue how to OC that setup though, unfortunately.

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO = AMD AM3
E2200 = Intel socket 775

2 completely different board and processor. Will never ever fit together.

Back