• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5.25 bay pump/res combos any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sure you can. Just make sure you give the pump a natural feed of water from the reservoir even when its off. Let gravity take its toll is the best way to configure it.

Looks like it doesn't use the standard pump top.

If you got a top for it then yes, you could remove it and use it standalone.

Looks like it doesn't use the standard pump top.

If you got a top for it then yes, you could remove it and use it standalone.

By top do you mean the normal plastic top on the standalone pump with the inlet G1/4", or do you mean a tube res?

Also, on that MCP50X/Maelstrom pump res combo would it be possible down the line to remove the MCP50X pump and use it as a stand-alone pump with a different res, or is it permanently tied to that res?

Should work unless it doesn't come with the standard top as ATM said. What we mean by that is the top that comes with the pump, if the pump is purchased separately.

Ah, ok. I didn't know if you could purchase the normal top for that.

You usually could but I haven't seen them as of yet, just in case you needed to purchase it. I am sure by the time you would need one, say the Res/Pump combo didn't come with one, they should have them by than when you switch your loop around.

You can buy the MCP35X top from Swiftech, so I assume the MCP50X top will be available at some point.

Unfortunately we won't be able to which would have been nice. :salute:

No it won't be. This is somewhat different in design than the Laing DDC style pumps and therefore it won't be compatible with those aftermarket tops or reservoir mods.

Regards,

Source

Back