• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Age of Empires 3 - 10¢

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I purchased this a little bit ago. It shows as Age of Empires III Complete Collection in the Games for Windows Live client thingy. Still have yet to download and install it though but I do believe it is the complete thing.

Wow, other online game distribution services sure make you appreciate how steam gets almost everything right. I think it's crazy that on a service like that you still have to enter the Authentication KEY when installing.

...Among many other things also.

Last edited:
Wow, other online game distribution services sure make you appreciate how steam gets almost everything right. I think it's crazy that, on a service like that you still have to enter the Authentication KEY when installing.

...Among many other things also.

That's what I was just thinking. gfwl has a long way to go...

Yeah, the client is also absolute ****, in that it ties together a ridiculous number of MS technologies that each require their semi-hidden updates. For instance, you need a fully updated .Net 4.0, which it doesn't tell you (it just memory leaks like crazy and crashes). XP requires a random hotfix that requires a restart. It requires a service (Windows Live ID Signin Assistant) running in the background to sign in. And it apparently downloads stuff using the Windows Update service. WTF.

Also, they ran out of keys.
Game Activation Key:
No key assigned

:rolleyes:

Basically the only reason to put up with this is the fact it cost 10 cents.

Last edited:
fack no wonder this is a joke not even worth the 10c to waste my time good thing i didnt spend too much time trying this, thanks for the link about the keys

fack no wonder this is a joke not even worth the 10c to waste my time good thing i didnt spend too much time trying this, thanks for the link about the keys
They're coming in next week (read the link).
Due to the overwhelming success of the Age of Empires III sale, we have temporarily run out of keys to unlock the game. You can still buy the game at this amazing price and you will get/see a key in the next week. When new keys are added to the system you will be auto-assigned a key, there is no need to call support or take any other action from your end. We will post here on the forums when the keys are available and the next time you click 'View Game Keys' for the game you should be assigned one.

It's not like this doesn't happen with others either (they've run out of keys on big sales).
It's just yet another misstep on top of the others, and all of them combined makes this quite amusing.

Hmm I'm getting an error saying the price of one of my games has changed since I added it to cart....

Back