• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD CORE is back

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Apple does not make all of their hardware. C'mon, the processors now are Intel. I've seen Nvidia cards for a PC that cost 300 go for 600 for a Mac.

BTW, Microsoft has what a 95% of the market share in OS's and they are laying off 15,000 people. They got in over their heads with phones, audio players, and the Surface. They can't compete with Apple in any of them.

At one time, Apple had more available money than the US government had.

Did I say processors? No. Apple designs their computers from the ground save the processors, and drives. Of course they have companies Gigabyte build their boards. Microsoft's CEO Nadella came out and said when you factor in Tablets and phones and pc's they have a 14% market share in operating systems. If their past performance is any indication it will continue to contract. They design a hell of an ARM chip.

To be fair Macs themselves. The hardware Apple makes. They are a cut above. The motherboards are workstation grade. The power supplies are awesome. Macs have a long useful life. OS X is very, very good. That being said a pro model Mac USED to be affordable. Not any longer. Now you can't buy an expandable Mac unless you are very well off. You are stuck with an iMac or a Mac Mini. Neither floats my boat. I don't want or need a laptop. 90% of all computers over $1,000 sold are Macs. Professionals and college students gobble them. up.

There is probably no reason to buy a Mac unless you need a laptop or tiny computer. Even the new Mac pros are really small.

That being said power supply is one thing they cut corners of now (atleast laptop ones). Me and my brother both bought a laptop about 3.5 years ago. Me a MacBook pro and him a $400 laptop. His battery is dead buy his charger works great. My charger stopped working but my battery works fine (hard to believe a battery outlasted the charger.)
And I'm not alone. Look at the review for the charger on apples website. It's horribly rated.

There is probably no reason to buy a Mac unless you need a laptop or tiny computer. Even the new Mac pros are really small.

That being said power supply is one thing they cut corners of now (atleast laptop ones). Me and my brother both bought a laptop about 3.5 years ago. Me a MacBook pro and him a $400 laptop. His battery is dead buy his charger works great. My charger stopped working but my battery works fine (hard to believe a battery outlasted the charger.)
And I'm not alone. Look at the review for the charger on apples website. It's horribly rated.

My sons 2008 Macbooks charger died. We went to the Apple store on the Yale University campus and they gave him one gratis.

Back