• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuttering/Hitching in ALL games, really need help... please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Javers

Registered
Hello! Since about a week and a half ago all of my games have had this weird stutter/hitch issue where basically whenever I move or turn in game the screen hitches/jumps forward in the direction I'm heading. I think it actually may only happen when I'm turning with the mouse. It's quite frequent and extremely annoying, it makes any sort of multiplayer action game unplayable. I've tried so much these past few days to try and fix it, but I just can't figure it out. :(

List of things I've tried:
-Multiple Virus Scans
-Different HDD, formatted with fresh installations
-Same HDD formatted with fresh installations
-Erasing/Updating graphics drivers
-Tried a different GPU and the onboard GPU, same issue.
-Removed CPU, reapplied paste, and reseated. Same issue.
-reset mobo, took out CMOS put back in, moved pin around.
-Updated mobo BIOS
-Tried RAM separately
-Memtested RAM, everything is fine.
-Tried different monitor
-Took apart and put back together entire PC, twice.
-Vsync makes no difference.
*-Reduced OC, Removed OC, no change.

I think there were a few more things that I did, I've just lost track at this point.

One thing I have noticed, is that a lot of the voltages and temps in my hardware monitoring software are jumping around erratically non-stop. I believe everything was pretty steady before this.

My Specs:
P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 motherboard
Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 ghz
G skill ripjaws x dual DDR3 8GB RAM
2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
OCZ ZX series GOLD 850w modular PCU (overkill I know, but I got it for free)
i5-2500k 4.6ghz overclock

I'll provide videos displaying exactly what's going on shortly.

Thanks in advance! :thup:

EDIT:
Videos!

Hitching/Stuttering

I tried my best to show what's happening, may be a little hard to see at youtube's 30 FPS. Basically whenever I rotate with the mouse, my screen occasionally jumps forward in that direction.

Erratic hardware readings

Not sure if anything strange is going on here, but may as well show it.

Last edited:
+1 lvcoyote, back to defaults and then reclock it.
and you might look into and ssd.

Already did that, just one of those things I forgot to list. Didn't work. :\

"OCZ ZX series GOLD 850w modular PCU (overkill I know, but I got it for free)"

How free?
Potentially damaged free?

Nah, sealed in the box. Friend won it from some Newegg contest and my old PSU had died at the time.

You could try a system restore back to a date before the problem started. If that doesn't work then at least we know it's not a recent software change causing it.

You could try a system restore back to a date before the problem started. If that doesn't work then at least we know it's not a recent software change causing it.
Yeah, it's not software. I tried that, a totally different HDD, and 2 formats/reinstalls of everything.

Hello! Since about a week and a half ago all of my games have had this weird stutter/hitch issue where basically whenever I move or turn in game the screen hitches/jumps forward in the direction I'm heading. I think it actually may only happen when I'm turning with the mouse.

Looking through the list of everything you have done. Have you tried a different mouse/mouse driver? What mouse are we talking about??? I use a trackball mouse and when things are acting up I can remove the ball and clean around in there to get it acting normal again. I have even had to tear it down and clean stuff out of the switch's inside to get it to work.

USB mouse???? usb driver?

Kind of narrows it down to GPU it sounds like then. Have you tried turning the game settings down as a test? That might give an indication the GPU is having problems.

Already tried a different GPU as well as the onboard with an older game. Same issue.

Looking through the list of everything you have done. Have you tried a different mouse/mouse driver? What mouse are we talking about??? I use a trackball mouse and when things are acting up I can remove the ball and clean around in there to get it acting normal again. I have even had to tear it down and clean stuff out of the switch's inside to get it to work.

USB mouse???? usb driver?

Logitech G500 with whatever the recent drivers are. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers and changing them, no change. :[

I'll try another mouse.

Can you try your GPU in a different PC?
Not atm unfortunately. Would that really be much different from me trying those 2 separate GPUs already? My main gpu was completely removed from the pc and the problem still existed.

Last edited:
Did you try a different mouse?
The mouse's polling rate could have an effect here too, see if you can lower it to around 125 or so.

Did you try a different mouse?
The mouse's polling rate could have an effect here too, see if you can lower it to around 125 or so.
Tried changing the polling rate already, but just tried again at 125 just to make sure and no difference. Also just tried a different mouse, same problem. Don't think it's the mouse. This is the weirdest issue I've ever dealt with, it happened out of nowhere while I was playing a game. I initially thought it was just server lag, but no. I just don't know what to do.

I read where another guy had the same issue and it went away after he disabled the HDMI audio.... I'm grasping now, but it might be worth a try.

Think I read that and tried it in the past as well. Just did it again now, and no change. :(

Back