• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 120.3 radiator will fit in CM Haf 932???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlkCamaro55

I guess I am going to step up to a larger radiator to lower the temps on my 4.2 Ghz i7...

So which ones will fit in the top of the HAF932 WITHOUT MODIFICATION?!?!

And im sure there are more than one, so which would be best?

Thanks!

Any of them should fit. I believe there may be only two potential issues. If you get an older PA 120.3, the fan spacing holes are 12mm and not standard 15mm I think. Push pull fans with 38mm fans may not be possible with a thicker rad. One or the other should fit, but both would be a tight squeeze due to the clearance with the motherboard.

1. Best bang for the buck: MCR 320. 55.00 and would be fine for your 920.
2. XSPC RX: 95.00 and is a thicker rad and outperforms the MCR 320 by about 5%.
3. Thermochill PA 120.3: 120.00 Outperforms the RX by about 5% Uses non standard 3/8 NPT threaded barbs Cheap paint. Performs well. I used one with overclocked 920 and 2x 8800 GT's
4. Feser: 140.00 Probably a little better than the PA 120.3.

I'd go with the RX.

Daddyjaxx, the PA120.3 uses G3/8 threaded fittings, not NPT. It's basically a larger version of the common G1/4 thread. And the fan spacing on the older models is wider, not narrower than the common 15 mm spacing of other rads (and the new 120.3 rads).

Also, skinnee was very impressed with the performance of the BI GTX360 in his testing recently with medium speed and above fans, so I am linking to the review here and posting the dimensions below.

Other points: Feser is more efficient than the TC, XSPC or Swifty with med-high speed fans. XSPC is the most efficient with low speed fans. Swifty is bang/buck champ. PA120.3 is lowest flow restriction of all triple rads (probably due to the G3/8 threaded barbs, IMO).

BlkCamaro55, if you are worried about a triple rad fitting your case, here are the dimensions of the models as listed by the manufacturers or in reviews:

Feser X-Changer 360 - 411 x 123 x 62 mm
Swiftech MCR320-QP-K - 410 x 128 x 34 mm
XSPC RX360 - 410 x 125 x 58.5 mm
Black Ice GT Xtreme 360 - 397 x 133 x 54 mm
PA120.3 - (old model w/25 mm fan spacing) 430 x 128 x 61 mm

I can't find whether TC changed the rad size on the PA120.3 when they went over to the standard 15 mm fan spacing this year. You might try asking a vendor such as Jab-tech and see if they have the measurements for the new ones or if they could measure it for you if you want to go with the 120.3

I also have this case...

Basically any 360mm radiator that has 15mm spacing will fit in the top no problem without any modification as the case was designed to do so.

As mentioned by othe members the old radiators with irregular fan spacing will not... for the new thermochill PA120.3 it will fit but you will most likely need 3/8 to 1/4 thread adapters to make most barbs, compressions fit.

The only thing to consider is depth...

for example it you get a big radiator that is 60mm annd have a push / pull configuration then it will take up 11cm at the top of your case.

This isn't an issue unless you want shrouds as well.

Hope This Helps ::

J-O_S-H

If you use the fill port hole, you could have issues with the fill port interfering with the rad barbs. I did and ended up moving my rad back a couple of inches. It's only supported now with the four fan screws instead of 12.

Hmm... I guess I didn't think about that since I've never used it... have used a pump/reservoir and about to use a bay reservoir so never needed it...

If it gets in the way you could just turn the radiator around so the barbs are at the back of the case.

I dont use the fill port. So that wont be an issue...

But I think I am going to get the new thermochill PA120.3 radiator...is this a good radiator? Does it like high cfm or low cfm?

Oh , and should I get different fans then these yate loons?

Yes... the PA120.3 is one of the best 360mm radiators available. They are good for low - medium speed fans...

Code:
[url]http://www.skinneelabs.com/[/url]

This site has good independent reviews on loads of watercooling products.

Things to note with the 120.3:
  • Make sure you get the 15mm sapcing version
  • You will likely need 2 x G3/8 to G1/4 adapters
  • The rad requires a lot of flushing.

If you are looking for a low noise / fan speed option the XSPC RX360 is very good (read the review from the linked site)... The reviewer reccommends this over the PA120.3, the performance may be slightly lower but it costs a fair bit less. (in the UK the RX360 is a £10 more... maybe because thermochill is a UK company we gwt low prices?)

I have this case and in the process of building a W/C for it I dont understand how you would put a 3 fan radiator at the top with only cut outs for 2 fans it impossible for a 3rd hole in the haf932 what are ppl doing that has this case?

I can't see the images in most posts from work, but if you Google "water cooled HAF932" I guarantee you'll see some examples. Sorry I can't be more specific.

I can't see the images in most posts from work, but if you Google "water cooled HAF932" I guarantee you'll see some examples. Sorry I can't be more specific.
oh no problem lol cuz i Just picked up a Rad from Crazy Pc down the road from me......I was just wondering the ppl who has the case and a triple fan rad.......thx

There are three cutouts for the fans. The third one is under the hump where the fillport goes in the front. If you look at the back of the hump, you can see how the air feeds.

Back