• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something about unlocking my 1Ghz TBird 266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Letitfly

I know the traditional way of unlocking duron/tbird cpus of connecting the bridge. On my Tbird 1Ghz 266, it seems to be missing one of the halves of the L1 bridge. Is there a way to unlock this specific CPU? If you have any sites that will help with this particular CPU, please post them, or just helpful information.

Thanks

There are four and a half bridges. I take it that you haven't had one before ( a socket A processor).

Find a unlocking guide either at the main page or at any other site, and follow it word for word - negligence to detail is a very expensive trait

From what I have read the 1000/266 chip come unlocked. I know the 1333/266 chip I bought yesterday did.

I have had2 Tbird chips and some durons. The bridges are diff on the 1000/266.

What is the best way to check if the chip is not locked? change the multiplier and see if the bios picks it up?

Back