• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 3200 Win Clocked at 2.70ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Abbot

A64 3200 Winchester Prime/Windows stable at 2.70ghz

This is my first OC so I'm pumped!
270X10 dram voltage 2.9.
2.5-4-4-8
My ram is rated to go to 277 but when I raise the fsb by 5 mhz, prime errors within seconds. I am not quite sure how to reach higher fsb.

Last edited:
Nice overclock! Have you tried bumping up the voltage to the ram? That should help you get it running a little faster, depending on how far you want to push it.

Vaio said:
Nice overclock! Have you tried bumping up the voltage to the ram? That should help you get it running a little faster, depending on how far you want to push it.

Thanks guys!
Hmmm...how much is a safe 'bump up' for the ram voltage?

TCCD ram doesn't really like voltage so anything above 2.9-3.0 is pretty much a waste IMO.

TCCD ram doesn't really like voltage so anything above 2.9-3.0 is pretty much a waste IMO.
In fact any voltage change form default voltage on TCCD chips is a waste....makes no difference whatsoever............

jonspd said:

mata2974 said:
In fact any voltage change form default voltage on TCCD chips is a waste....makes no difference whatsoever............

These are all so wrong...

Actually some TCCD does like high voltage and is far from a waste if they do...

My old LC's would run at 5-3-4-2.5 at 275HT 1:1/1T with 2.85v 24/7 after a few weeks...they could even do 5-3-3-2.5 timings up to 280 for benchmarks...

With 3.1v they could run up to 230HT at 5-2-2-2...compair to 210 at 2.85v...

With TCCD it is a waste to run them in a divider...UTT/BH is better to run at high HT's with a divider since those can do 2-2-2 at around 250+...

With yuo raising the HT 5 steps this is making the CPU run at 2.75...which is why you are probably getting prime errors...not from the ram, but the on die memory controller...2.7 just might be the wall for that 3200 ;)...

Good Job on the oc .
Try tightening the ram timings now go get yourself some of the tccd bandwidth luvin' ;)
If you tell me what week your TCCD chips are ( the 4xx number on the memory ICs ) i might be able to help you with the alpha timings that you can use in bios or with A64 tweaker . That should help you a fair bit to extract that few last mb/s mem bandwidth and also give you higher stable oc limit.
Ohh and both of my pairs of gskills need less than 2.8 V to hit ddr600 , anything more and i error out in memtest #5 , but my PDP needed 2.9V to be stable at stock. So i really dont know what to say about the voltage issue. Just run memtest ( start from 2.6v and go higer ) . Run loops of test #5 , if you dont get any errors for like 40 loops , then try test #8 ( this tells you whether your alpha timings are correct of need adjusting ) .

That funny thing is that this is my first time doing this. I've just been studying posts in the forums, and this is what I end up with. I think I will save my current setting in cmos reloaded, then play round with the settings that you guys recommend.

Back