• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wireless butten

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

Hey guys i have a compaq laptop that every one in my house uses and there is a onboard wireless butten that turns on and off the wireless device in the laptop.

the thing i want to do is make it so that the butten on the laptop is dissabled
i want the wireless to always be on.

is there any way i can go into the divers or some how dissable the butten?

i really need to dissable this butten it is always getting hit and little kids in the house play with it because it glows, my mom never understands the fact of it has to be on to go on the net.

plz can any one help.

O and plz dont say tape the butten or somthing i need to dissable it.

do the compaq's use a type of software to control the buttons? i know the acer's we have here at work have a wireless button as well, but the button doesn't work unless the software that came with the laptop is installed. i would recommend seeing if there is a software that controls the buttons. maybe you can disable it in the settings or maybe you can just uninstall the software.

Ok guys here is the thing its not my laptop its my moms BF's and he sai i can dissable it but i cant mod it this means no opening no cutting not tapeing no covering.

so i have to find some way to dissable it.
i want it always on.
led dont matter if when you hit the butten it wont turn off.

i will look into it but what is the software? were shoul i look? what shoul i look for?

a fix for what? i want to dissable the butten because ppl turn it off manually it has to be always on so i want to dissable the butten some how make it on all the time

Sometimes Compaq will put out wierd stuff, like patches and fixes for certian features, so you will have more control over the hardware. Check the Softpaqs and see is there is a related one to what you would like to do, or write Compaq. I used to get good results with them and softpaqs. :D]
Edit: This link I found will allow customizations of the "hotbuttons".
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...tool=softwareCategory&softwareitem=cp-25168-1

Last edited:
Back