• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Resetting GPU help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeaustin

Hello, here is my dilema. I have a Gigabyte GTX460 and I was playing with the settings a little bit.I upped the Core from 800-810 and my computer blue screened and restarted..no big deal right? Ok well usually I would go back in and it would ask if I wanted to load the previous settings, but once i log into windows 7 i dont have enough time to bring up msi afterburner to lower the settings before it blue screens again. I tryed safe mode, but it wont let me run any of the nvidia programs to lower the clock speeds. Any ideas?

Use System Restore from the System Recovery Options menu to restore your system to the time when the last restore point was made.

To open the System Recovery Options menu using the Windows 7 installation disc or a USB flash drive, or a system repair disc.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-Windows-7

And we don't allow multiple postings in different forums, so if you'd like me to delete the thread you started in the nVidia forum, or move this thread to that forum I can oblige.

:welcome: to the forums. Please only post your questions in one topic at a time, I deleted your other thread in the nvidia section - multiple threads by the same person on the same topic is confusing for people browsing, and having all the information you need in one place is best for you and everyone else!

Let us know how you stand once you attempt Redduc900's advice, that should get you back in action!

Thanks alot guys, and sorry about that I am new here :) I will try this and will get back to you on if it works. Thanks

Back