• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tablet suggestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

Hello all,

I'm setting up a video monitor system for my upcoming firstborn and wanted to use a tablet as a dedicated monitor. The camera I purchased can be connected to from any device, but I figured it would be nice to not connect to it form a device that I might be using for something else (laptop, phone..).

My budget for the tablet is $75 max. I'm fine with used, fine with eBay. I've been looking for a 1st gen. iPad and would really prefer that, but I'm not seeing them close for less than ~$90 on eBay.

Anyone have a suggestion of an Android device which might be fairly similar (size, resolution, processor)?

Thanks!

Not yet. I've been mainly looking mainly at the 1st gen Nexus 7 now. They're around $60 on ebay. Seems like a good bet for my uses.

The hisense Sero 7 pro is another one you can watch for on eBay. Looks like there are some as low as 50$ right now. It's essentially a knock off first gen nexus with a couple of bonus features (hdmi port and sd card slot). Nice ips screen and great battery life with the same tegra 3 the first nexus had. Love mine.

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check that one out as well.

Back