• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox 360 vga cable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For the most part they should be around the same, I would check Ebay though. They have a some Gold Plated, Double Shielded cables over there for under 10$ plus shipping.

well i dont know who has the best one, but i had microsofts, and it never gave me a problem. tho it was rather pricey at somewhere between 40 and 50 bucks... but i dont have it anymore... my 360 was stolen... :'(

I just use bought the official Microsoft one. In my eyes on my HD TV, VGA does seem cleaner and a bit sharper. Highly recomend it. No issues on my end.

i bought a cheap one off playasia and it works fine, looks perfect as far as i can tell, but it took a long time to get here, about 3 weeks; i understand that that is unusually long from them, so you might do better; anyway, it works great for me

oh, and IMHO vga does seem sharper, but i do notice that it feels more washed out; however, a little brightness reduction on my crt pc monitor fixes that pretty well

all in all, i wouldn't break my neck to care whether i was using vga or component, it's just whatever input you have

FudgeNuggets said:
Whoever's is cheapest. Usually Madcatz

Avoid the madcats VGA cable like the plague its a reall piece of crap it has zero screening and the cable is just a few mm thick.
The best VGA lead is the offical MS one but it does cost more but its worth it, and it comes with a VGA coupler and a RCA to 3.5mm jack adapter.

jenko said:
Avoid the madcats VGA cable like the plague its a reall piece of crap it has zero screening and the cable is just a few mm thick.
The best VGA lead is the offical MS one but it does cost more but its worth it, and it comes with a VGA coupler and a RCA to 3.5mm jack adapter.

Balogna, that's the same crap logic that store clerks use to sell Monster Cable's insanely priced stuff. You only need the thick and heavy gage stuff if you're running it long distances. The 3-6ft from your 360 to your TV/Monitor won't make a difference if it's a 20au wire or a 6au wire.

I have the MS one and I love it. I can only do 1280x720, my monitor won't do 1920x1080. :(

Might get a 24" now :D

FudgeNuggets said:
Balogna, that's the same crap logic that store clerks use to sell Monster Cable's insanely priced stuff. You only need the thick and heavy gage stuff if you're running it long distances. The 3-6ft from your 360 to your TV/Monitor won't make a difference if it's a 20au wire or a 6au wire.

No the Madcats VGA lead is rubbish i now multiple people who have bought it and had to return due to the picture not being sharp and the colour being totaly washed out, then buying the MS lead which was totaly better.

Well for one thing, its a known thing that the VGA cable is somewhat washed out compared, but I think in the spring update for the 360 they added a dynamic contrast thingy that really makes it a whole lot better, somewhere in the system menu. Sorry, dont own a 360 yet ;)

How does VGA compare to HD on a TV? I've heard that I could use HD through VGA on a regular pc monitor.

Kibokun said:
How does VGA compare to HD on a TV? I've heard that I could use HD through VGA on a regular pc monitor.

Unless you've got a monitor that will display 1920x1080 (probably 24" or bigger) then you CAN do 720p. If you do have a monitor that large you can do 1080p provided that you've downloaded the spring update.

-maddog- said:
Would elite 360>hdmi-dvi adapterr>pc monitor work to give you 1080p digital?

It will work, but you will have to find a way to deliver the audio.

Also if I understand correctly you're asking if a HDMI-DVI converter plugged into your monitor would work, right? The answer is the same as above that you will have to find a way to deliver the audio and your monitor will need to be xcapble of displaying 1920x1080 or else you'll get 720p.

If you were saying would an HDMI-DVI converter plugged into an DVI-VGA converted would work, the answer again is yes BUT it will be analog, not digital and again you'd have to find a way to deliver the audio and your monitor would need to be able to display 1920x1080.

Your best bet is to use the VGA cable as it has audio outputs on the analog multi-out jack.

Back