• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It wasn't planned that way. Overall the build took me way long, and I got to the point where the Black Ice SR1 240 that I planned to put in the bottom right of the 800D (HDD cage) was something that I scrapped. I didn't have the hole to dremel planned really and I got to thinking I'm going to need a second pump, then I started re-thinking running one giant loop and splitting it into 2 loops. So far, under gaming/prime95 the cpu hasn't risen above 44C. I still need to OC it and run a more gpu benchmarks to see where it'll be. So I'm thinking of adding the 240 after I do like a 3-4 month teardown see how everything is and go from there.

yer fair enough if you aint OCing you should be dandy. BUt yer the 570's are pretty warm. So OC that and the 2600k i think the 240 will be needed. Also as nice as it looks i think tubes running into the bottom area is always a nice thing as it makes the loop more complete. Deff did with my build.

Also honest opinion guys, should i leave the normal comp fittings ( the ones going from cpu to gpu) or should i put in 2 angled 45degree ones? Im in two minds about it now. Hmmmm :shock:

I think to get to your CPU --- GPU you may need t 45 and a straight barb and that's already close to your straight to straight, and I think what you have looks good so.. I'd stay where you are. You could save it for your next teardown and "while you're in there doing work" try out the 2 45's config...

I think to get to your CPU --- GPU you may need t 45 and a straight barb and that's already close to your straight to straight, and I think what you have looks good so.. I'd stay where you are. You could save it for your next teardown and "while you're in there doing work" try out the 2 45's config...

well the issue is that my comp fittings are already a bit haggered. ( stripped some of the paint off etc, over tightened a few times so had to use pliers wrapped in a cloth cloth but still took some paint off.) So im replacing all the on show comp fittings next week so i migtht as well try it then. I will only have to drain it and pop off the old ones, and put the new ones on. wont actually have to change anything like the tubing / radiators etc. Shouldn't take more than an hour to do tbh. But yer I'm hoping that 2 45's will line up nicely ;)

Also i had to change my config into a pull one at the bottom. I have seen so many contradictory things about push Vs pull. But in the end am i right in thinking that there will onyl be 1-2 c difference at max? ( im using gt15's @ full blast btw.)

Last edited:
all done, pretty sure i have a bad DT the rad gets pretty warm but the cpu only gets to ~60C or less :shrug: not the prettiest in the world but it works :thup:
all done.jpg

close.jpg

great setup mate, looks ace, thats a murder box if im not mistaken? Did they make it or did you? but dyed fluid, tut tut!!

Back