• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Boot Troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barnz0432

Ok, I Have been trying to get my 3.2e at 4ghz for some time after messing with it for awhile I decided to turn it to stock speeds for testing to see how speed compares when I have it at 3.5 and so on.

I have heard on my Asus board that when a high overclock is acheived that you may get a blank screen when you do a warm restart.

I have had this quite often since my trying to overclock it higher.

Thats a price I must pay once and awhile to have it say bios settings wrong.

The problem it it was saying bios settings wrong when EVERYTHING was at stock speeds, and my system was turned off all night(cold restart)!

I dont know why it would say overclocking failed at STOCK.

Any suggestions why it would do this would be alot of help its kind of frusterating.

Are you sure you loosened your memory timings or set them back to where they were? I had the same problem on my Asus p4p800-E dlx.

I have had the same problems with an friends overclocked P4C800-E Dlx and 3.2 @ 4.0GHz. This was dealt with by the below:

hardwareanalysis.com said:
For all owners having problems with the Asus P4c800.

It appears that a bad solder point underneath the heatsink bracket is shorting out on another connection when the heat sink is installed on some/all ? of the p4c800's

http://hardwareanalysis.com/action/....php?s=&threadid=6104&perpage=20&pagenumber=3

I used an Xacto knife as research showed it to be an easier fix. I just cut a small channel between the two smushed solder points to seperate the lead and he has not had this problem since! Seems that the heavy overclock allowed a crossover effect to effect the system. Keep in mind that if you do the modifcation that I did you will void your ASUS warranty so you might wish to RMA if this is the problem.

This is the problem I had:

solder.jpg

hth,

R

Last edited:
Back