• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is anyone willing to fold on a few older cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capitalizt

Registered
I have several older folding cards with no machine to put them in. It would be nice if someone here could put them to good use.

1 - 8800GTX 768MB
1 - 9800GTX
1 - GTX 260

With the newest Nvidia drivers they still crank out pretty solid PPD. Anyone interested in folding with these (former) badboys? ;)

*edit* They are free for anyone who promises to fold with them.

Last edited:
Ooooo, I stopped folding on my 8800gs because I dont have the money to replace it if it died. What ya looking for Capital?

I've got room in a rig for a card, but I'd want to pay you. Never been good with accepting free stuff lol. Put the 260 up in the classifieds and I'll buy it off of you. Hopefully it can get here before the CC ends. PM me if that's cool with you?

Edit: Unless belorsch wants the 260, that's fine with me! :thup:

shame my dad would kill me if i folded i could use a old card like these for my lan party

edit note to Fever he cant go into classy (too low post count)

I've got room in a rig for a card, but I'd want to pay you. Never been good with accepting free stuff lol. Put the 260 up in the classifieds and I'll buy it off of you. Hopefully it can get here before the CC ends. PM me if that's cool with you?

Edit: Unless belorsch wants the 260, that's fine with me! :thup:
I was thinking more of one of the first 2 cards. The system board is a 965pds3. I've been out of the building game quite awhile and I dont know that I could run the 260. I would think I could at least run the 8800 or 9800 though and if folding kills it I will still have my 8800gs as back up. I should tell you though that I don't oc my video cards so it may produce more with another home.

I was thinking more of one of the first 2 cards. The system board is a 965pds3. I've been out of the building game quite awhile and I dont know that I could run the 260. I would think I could at least run the 8800 or 9800 though and if folding kills it I will still have my 8800gs as back up. I should tell you though that I don't oc my video cards so it may produce more with another home.

I don't see why the 260 wouldn't work on your system. I think you'd be limited to PCI Express 1.0, though. Anyways, if you prefer the others I'm down for the 260.

I have a couple of 775 boards...I could use the any of those.
I actually have 3 775 systems, with 600w 78% psu's on them.
I'd pay for shipping to Argentina btw.
Let me know, I'd happily build a folding farm with them :)

A huge thanks to Capitalizt who is sending the 260 my way, and refuses to take my money so long as I put the card to good folding use! Great team spirit on his behalf.

If ever I'm unable to fold with the card anymore for whatever reason, you can be sure that I will pass it along to another team member here.

As long as shipping to Spain isn't too expensive (I'd pay it), I could give them a home, as soon as I get a board with lotsa PCIe slots to fold 24/7.

:thup:
Thank you very much Capitalizt. I received the card today. Then I hit myself in the head for not being prepared. The 8800gs I had only required 1 6 pin connection and this one needs two. I will find me a place to get one of those and get this puppy folding!

Back