• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer turns on, no signal to monitor, 3 lights 4870

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

olegsomphane

So I just got some replacement parts from newegg (ram failed memtest and cpu was open box) and put the computer back together.

When I turn it on, the everything in the case lights up and fans spin. However, there is no signal to the monitor. I cannot turn off the computer by pressing reset or holding the power off button - just but using the switch on the power supply.

The video card has 3 red lights as in this picture. I have both reseated the card and replugged the 2 power cables to it (my psu has only 2 plugs that fit).
1WsIc4139894-02.jpg

No system beeps, but then again the case did not have a speaker for the motherboard.

Do you guys think it is the video card or something else?

Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
AMD Phenom X6 1055T
Antec 900 / Earth Watts 650 PS
ASUS EAH 4870
Samsung P2450H
Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333

Have you tried the card in both slots? Assuming you are putting it in the top 16X slot then tried it in the 4x slot.

Last edited:
Have you tried the card in another computer? How far into POST do you get? (your mobo should beep the error)

So, I feel kind of stupid now, but apparently I forgot the power connector next to the CPU. The system didn't beep because the Antec 900 case doesn't have a speaker, I think. But anyways thanks everyone :)

Back