• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Corsair H100i problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sydo

Okay so just installed the Corsair H100i.

I have googled my *** off and can not find a solution to my problem.

I need to reset the firmware as it seems really loud and nothing happens when changing profile modes between balanced performance or quiet, none changes anything.

To reset firmware i need to press and hold the profile button for 5 sec, and then again when booting up the computer, but where is this profile button located?

My current version of Corsair Link is v2_6_5214
Is that the latest?
When trying to look for updates through Corsair Link it says "Corsair link could not detect any devices which can be updated. Does this mean its the latest?

Corsair is extremely vague regarding these things.

And yes i have double checked all cables to be correctly inserted, motherboard is Sabertooth 990fx r2.0

The fan speeds keeps jumping around every 1 second
As shown on screenshots
But i cant hear it, maybe it changes to fast or a glitch in the program
Untitled.png
Untitled3.png

Last edited:
Is the header for the fans PWM (4 pin) and its plugged into a 3 pin? Only thing I can think of off the top of my head...

I don't know if I'm remembering correctly but that program had a real issuewith Win 8.1, i would suggest going to corsair site and see if this has been resolved.

It's the standard PWN (4pin) fans that followed it. Though there are 2 places to plug the fans with the following connectors, they split into 2 from the cooler, so i just took one and applied both fans to it, should i use both cables even they split into 2? and one fan for each

Can you be specific so others that may come across this thread can see what changes were made?

Thanks!

So what i did was:

1: open regedit
2:go to string as shown in pic
Capture10.JPG
4: Expand "VID_1B1C&PID_0C04"
5: Select "Device Parameters"
6: Set them to 0 as shown here
Capture11.JPG

Repeat step 5 - 6 if you have more than one string underneath "VID_1B1C&PID_0C04"

And restart the pc

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Back