• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What paint for case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lukestrothman

Hi all, I am really considering painting my itx build I will be doing tomorrow. I bought an cooler master elite 130. (All black) I really wanted to paint the case a flat/satin white... Whichever is preferred... And leave the mesh in the front middle black. I am looking for ideas on type/brand of spray paint to purchase and whether a primer or clear is required. Just looking for some input on people who have done this and is the outcome decent. (Yes I can paint lol)

Cheers

I've always just roughed up the surface with a scotchbrite pad and painted it. clear coats just add thickness in most cases but can also add durability

I've always just roughed up the surface with a scotchbrite pad and painted it. clear coats just add thickness in most cases but can also add durability

Cool thanks, any ideas for a flat white? Or is satin better? What is the stock paint on cooler masters cases typically? It looks flat to me...

I was thinking krylon fusion or something similar for paint

I think I would use a clear as well... Something fast drying so I can actually spray then build this thing when I get home tonight...

I'm going to run to a hardware store on lunch today and see what I can find :) :)

I think I would use a clear as well... Something fast drying so I can actually spray then build this thing when I get home tonight...

I'm going to run to a hardware store on lunch today and see what I can find :) :)

You plan on painting and then working on your rig the same day???????

Back