• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about buying a SCEPTRE X20G-Naga III 20.1" WS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

At the moment I have a 21" (20" viewable) CRT screen...color has faded, its 8 and a half years old, hurts my eyes to look at and just isn't that great anymore. I recently built my friend a rig with a 17" widescreen, ran one widescreen video on it and **** myself...i was in love. I got myself a decent paying job now so maybe I can afford something small and if deemed nessary, move onto something nicer like a Dell. Does anyone have this monitor? Any ghosting or bad light bleeding? NewEgg's user reviews can be kinda odd to interprate sometimes...lol

I bought one a few months ago and it had an annoying jittery problem. After researching the problem through google, the only way to solve it was to return it to the manufacturer to get a firmware update (like the Dell 2007wfp rev00's). U might luck out and get an already updated one, but I believe this problem has been going on for quite some time and because it's a smaller company, they aren't as forgiving in recalling and patching them all up. I ultimately decided to return it and wait for a deal on a dell.

It was most noticeable with my cursor movement on a dark background; it was like the refresh rate was <25. It's also noticeable after the monitor warms up, not noticeable the ~first hour, where there are vibrating or jittery pixels. THIS WAS ON A VGA CONNECTION THOUGH. I connected to DVI and the pixel problem was gone, but my cursor still wasn't as smooth as it should. If I connected it straight to DVI though, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

But, if u want it to work like it should, u should to be ready to RMA it. U should be able to find out which version numbers have the defect (I think I found it on some forum through google).

There is a viewsonic for a little over 300 at the egg, also with dells you can get them much cheaper with coupons, checkout cyberdeals, fatwallet.com, and slickdeals, they'll post the coupons when they're available.

Another good thing about dells is you can return them within 21 days for full money back if you don't like them, or if they come with a dead pixel. AFAIK with all other LCD's there needs to be like 5 or more dead pixels or you can't return it.

Ahh...sweet. I see the Dells for like 600 ~ 700 bux and I can't lay that much money down, but with some of those coupons...hmm, how often do they come around?

ziggo0 said:
Ahh...sweet. I see the Dells for like 600 ~ 700 bux and I can't lay that much money down, but with some of those coupons...hmm, how often do they come around?

A 20" Dell widescreen is about $340-$350 shipped and with tax if you are frugal and use coupons and just call them and ask if they will give you a better deal than the MSRP.

Paid $350 shipped for a 2007WPS a couple weeks ago, some manage to get them even cheaper.

Back