• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adak has passed away

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey OCers,

I just learned that Adak has passed - that's tough to hear - he folded with us over at MaximumPC for a while before winding up here.

He had just posted over on our boards regarding his health and having to step down for this year's Chimp Challenge. He never saw my response.

My condolences - I know his contributions both to Folding and to this online community will be missed.

Eric

Very sad news. Adak was extremely helpful to me in last year's CC and he made participating a lot of fun too. I'll see about getting some WU's going again in his honor. :salute:

Extremely sad news. He only messaged me a week or so ago about stepping down as co-captain for chimp challenge for health reasons but I never expected this. His passing is a great loss to his family and to the community. :cry:

May you rest in peace Adak. You will never be forgotten :salute:

Thank you Dean for letting us know of the terrible loss to your family and ours. Adak is certainly a bright light to us all.

Rest in Peace Adak. May Grace and Mercy be your new fold.:grouphug:

My condolences adak will be missed but his is in heaven now folding with the biggest and best doing what he loved

Chrisk here from Hardware Canucks forum and I was just now informed of Adak's passing. Very sorry to hear he has passed away and he will be missed by all, particularly in the folding community. :(

I always enjoyed his passion for folding and he did it for the right reasons.

anti-painkilla from Toms Hardware. Our condolences to Dean and the rest of the family. Adak was a keen folder and enthusiastic about getting everyone involved in the CC. We will all miss him.

The folding/crunching world lost a very passionate advocate. Sad news indeed.
Condolences to the family and friends.
RIP Adak!

I'm almost at a loss for words.

Adak was such an important member of OCF, our various DC teams, and the folding community that his loss will be noticed, though his influence will be felt for a long time to come.

Back