• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo/CPU bottlenecking my gpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihatejava

Registered
Hey guys, I recieved my 280x this afternoon and instantly wanted to see it's performance. Being a League of Legends fan I wanted to compare the fps I got in game against my old card (AFOX GeForce GTX 650 1GB).

They are exactly the same. I did everything I could think off, I reinstalled drivers, reinstalled the graphics card, to no avail.

Could there be any reason behind this? A friend of mine suggested my motherboard and cpu could be bottlenecking it.

LoL is a CPU bound game IIRC. If you overclock that CPU does your FPS go up? What resolution are you playing this game at?

My FPS is generally 125-135 on Summoners Rift, and my CPU is overclocked at 4.0ghz right now, don't want to push it too far because my motherboard isn't really that good and I've been suggested away from it by overclockers on this website.

EDIT: I'm playing on 1920 x 1080.

Are you really trying to test your new powerful GPU on LOL?

650ti 1gb isnt that bad, you probably wont notice any difference in games like LOL or Counter-Strike

Test Battlefield 4 or Arma 3 on them and you will see a huge difference.

I first went to play League because I wanted to see if I'd actually get a FPS boost, afterwards I decided to jump on Battlefield 4, and I went from the game recommending me not to play on very low, to 175 fps on Ultra graphics.

Back