• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help a newb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IF going for XSPC you should know that the 750 kits are not the best that XSPC makes. They'll do ok/fair for a CPU only loop, but you need to keep an eye on liquid level, because the way it's designed, the pump has a tendency to gulp air if the level drops a bit.

IF going for XSPC you should know that the 750 kits are not the best that XSPC makes. They'll do ok/fair for a CPU only loop, but you need to keep an eye on liquid level, because the way it's designed, the pump has a tendency to gulp air if the level drops a bit.

OK so what pump do you recommend that will keep the whole thing under 200?

just saying the XSPC 750 kit isn't set & forget :)
http://www.xs-pc.com/watercooling-kits-750-pump/

When possible, use the D5 variant
http://www.xs-pc.com/watercooling-kits/

However, if budget constrains, just replace the TT waterblock with a Raystorm and keep the rest of the Bigwater in place. Its not the most fantastic kit outthere, but if you dont have too high expectations the Bigwater will do. I do recommend to replace it with a XSPC Raystorm D5 RX240 or AX240 if possible, but it wont be below $200 :(
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...uded_and_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g59c683s2174

Rollie, the 750 kit is day and night difference imo than the bigwater. Sure its not the best one but I have the impression he's on a budget or at least I believe he said he is. Regardless, all kits are prone to bubbles hence the bleeding process.

You're repeating what I've already said. Look at my post in the first page. :sn:

Hey guys just wanted to say thanks I got everything up and running and I could not have done it with out you guys.

SO many things can go wrong your first time water cooling.

The first time i tried water cooling in 2005, I went to leak test and water was leaking out of every connection. :) I didn't tighten the clamps enough.

Water cooling the GPU is the best you will see. It can cut your load temps by 100%. You can see load temps go from the 80's to not even 40. CPU's don't react as well with water.

Congrats on going custom H20.

Can't help to ask but is that clouded clear tubing? It might be the XSPC tubing that came with the kit is my guess.

All in all how is the system reacting? Noise level? Pump noise? Ambient Temp? CPU Temp under load, etc, etc.

I think he might mean that they are more sensitive in general as compared to GPUs. GPUs can handle a higher delta than CPUs.

On idle the cpu sits at 30c during the night and 35c during the day on load it hits a max 59c. I don't know if thats good or bad but I am happy with it, I would like to water cool my 280x but XSPC does not make a block for it.

I actually thought I cleaned up my cables, in a few months I would love to sleeve everything red.

On idle the cpu sits at 30c during the night and 35c during the day on load it hits a max 59c. I don't know if thats good or bad but I am happy with it, I would like to water cool my 280x but XSPC does not make a block for it.

Those are good temps.

As for the GPU, depending which model 280x you have there, there might be a full block for it.

Last edited:
They would if the water block was sitting directly on the CPU die, like their GPU cousins ;)

No way can you cut your load temps in half with on die cooling. People have done it. With any luck, you'll shave a few degrees off the CPU. Now that all depends on the CPU. Just delidding and changing the TIM on a 4770 can shave 10-20c off your load temps.

that raystorm sitting in there all lit up looks sooooooo pretty!!!
(yea, clean up the cables)

No way can you cut your load temps in half with on die cooling. People have done it. With any luck, you'll shave a few degrees off the CPU. Now that all depends on the CPU. Just delidding and changing the TIM on a 4770 can shave 10-20c off your load temps.

Ah, I suppose it's more delidding than anything else.

Back