• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking X800Pro PCI-Express

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xris

I read that it isn't possible to unlock the extra pipelines on the X800Pro PCI-Express version. I've the version with VIVO as well.

So, is it possible or not?

The question comes up over and over again - not possible to unlock ANY PCI-E X800Pro period - sorry - but great card nevertheless! Overclocks like dang

The x800 pro will overclock better then the x800xl from what I've seen. All the x800 pro vivo pci-e are laser cut thats why you can't unlock the extra pipes. I would post a picture of what it looks like but I'm to lazy.

Can't you reconnect the pipes using a conductive pen? The thing about it though is that it uses 2.0ns memory I believe while the XT and XT PE use 1.6NS.

X800PRO VIVOs usually have 1.6ns RAM, because essentially they are X800XTs, just with a laser cut so you can't unlock the pipes.

I honestly thing that you could reconnect them, however, I won't be the one experimenting this though. Wow, if it is true you could reconnect them, that means I might set my sights on a X850 Pro.

ghost_recon88 said:
I honestly thing that you could reconnect them, however, I won't be the one experimenting this though. Wow, if it is true you could reconnect them, that means I might set my sights on a X850 Pro.

I vote that ghost recon experiments on his card for the rest of us.

I'll do it!

As long as 1.) Someone supplies me with the card, 2.) people don't get ticked if it doesn't work, and 3.), I get to keep the finished product. Only under those 3 conditions will I do it.

O l\l E said:
sorry but it won't work

Well okay, then why is that? Everyone is like "no no, it won't work" but they never give the reason(s) why it wouldn't work. Seems like you should be able to reconnect the pipelines but I'm guessing theres more to it than that.

No, because there aren't any to unlock. The X800Pro on the other hand does have 4 crippled pipelines that have potential.

one joker posted in another forum that he had done it succesfully - I was going to try until I looked and the size of the lasercut..TINY..no way unless you have some specialty tools ...turned out the guy was a fake probably only hoping to guide other users to be guiney pigs...
ViperJohn has looked into it and says it's a no go ( the cards also have a hardlock)

Back