• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

16gb of ram for 80 more dollars.. Worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
YES. DO IT. Games will load quicker. I definitely noticed going from 8bg > 16gb in games. Especially games like battlefield or games with long load times.

:welcome:
:facepalm:

With respect, the ONLY way that is true is if you are already using all 8GB of your ram. :thup:

Also, when BF4 loads, it loads from your HDD... THAT is the biggest bottleneck when loading. I have it on two PC's one from an SSD the other from a HDD and the one with the HDD, even though it has 16GB of ram loads way WAY slower.

I went from 8/16 on a platform change, wasn't using all 8GB

YES. DO IT. Games will load quicker. I definitely noticed going from 8bg > 16gb in games. Especially games like battlefield or games with long load times.

:welcome:

See EarthDog's response... RAM doesn't effect load times...

With respect, the ONLY way that is true is if you are already using all 8GB of your ram. :thup:

Also, when BF4 loads, it loads from your HDD... THAT is the biggest bottleneck when loading. I have it on two PC's one from an SSD the other from a HDD and the one with the HDD, even though it has 16GB of ram loads way WAY slower.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner here!

+1 SSD's Rock! :clap:

All I'm saying is I went from 8gb to 16gb and had a very noticeable improvement. Faster loading times. Faster when exiting /shutting down programs. Photoshop loads quicker. I wouldn't go back to 8gb for anything no way!

Helps to understand WHY that happened. As I said, if you are actually using 8gb and upgrade, there will be a difference...otherwise, none. ;)

All I'm saying is I went from 8gb to 16gb and had a very noticeable improvement. Faster loading times. Faster when exiting /shutting down programs. Photoshop loads quicker. I wouldn't go back to 8gb for anything no way!

Sounds like someone just needed to cut their page file off...

Back