• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sabertooth 990fx r2 hyper 212 evo 8350 could I just slightly raise multiplier an

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

automaton

Registered
sabertooth 990fx r2 hyper 212 evo 8350
could I just slightly raise multiplier and fsb without going into voltages for 4.3 oc

I'm not that informed on the 8core FX chips but I know that you'll more than likely have to up the vcore to hit that. My FX4100 takes 1.4+ to hit 4.4Ghz just as a reference

8350 should do 4.3Ghz at stock voltage quite easily. Set load line calibration to high and phases to optimized and you should be good. You might be able to push it to 4,5Ghz if the mobo sets "stock" voltage to 1.35

should I do it just by muti or multi and fsb
what numbers ie 21 multi and or fsb 205??

What I would do is start by shutting down all the power saving features and then run prime 20 minutes open hwmonitor before you run prime. Make sure the temps stay below 70 on the Cpu and 62 on the package. When your done look at the max Cpu V then set it manually in the bios to what it read. Then start bumping the multi, if you leave it on Auto the motherboard is going to raise it to a point accordingly. You should be able to do 4.3- 4.4 on the "stock" voltage.

Derp... Im ASSuming 8350's have higher "stock" voltages than 8320's haha. Disregard my comments then.

Back