• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I hit 5.1Ghz Stable!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aerpelding

Registered
I just wanted to post my excitement. I had been running the CM Hyper 212 Evo for the last 6 years, since i got back into building and gaming. It worked great for my old i5-4670k, and even got me to 5Ghz on my current i5-7600k. However, i had to really watch my temps during demanding tasks.

i recently ordered a Noctua NH-D15, along with some Arctic MX-4. I decided to see what i could pull off and i'm now at 5.1Ghz, stable at 1.38v. Peak temp so far under stress tests have only hit 79*. It stays in the low 60s while gaming. Idle temp is around 39*.

I was going to try and shoot for 5.2, but i'm done messing with it. I need this rig to last until Intel get's their stuff together and puts out a 7nm CPU, then i'll upgrade to an i9.

Sorry for not responding, i went on vacation and completely forgot about this thread. Thanks all! I'm definitely loving the speed and bragging rights. lol

Back