• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bye bye 9700pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
hi all i sold my 9700pro with the intention of getting a 256 9800pro .....but ive had to pay some bills and now money has gone:cry: :cry: :cry:

im useing a savage 32mb card now :cry: :cry:

Not that this is any of my business but why would you want to upgrade in the first place?

Lets think about this hypothetical situation. Suppose that suddenly, Futuremark went out of business. However, just before they did, they released a virus that would disable 3d mark and any relevant benchmarks. Now, suppose also that there is a Radeon Fairy. She knows you've been a good boy, buying ATI products and all. So one night while you are asleep, she decides to switch your 9700 pro to 9800 pro 256 mb (without telling you, obviously). Now, going about your daily activitites, how long do you think it would take you to realize this has happened? (Assume that in properties, SiS Sandra, etc, it still says 9700 pro.)

lol very very true...

but i have to concur... upgrading from 9700pro to 9800pro is pointless... you wouldnt have needed a new card till PCI Express...

Doh, PCI express isn't going to be on desktops for a while unless release dates have already been anounced. Go and buy another 9700p when you have some money. Forget about the 9800, its overpriced for the difference that they both produce. Hell, to save even more money, get a sapphire 9700np and and make it a 9700 pro. Its the same.... but cheaper. :D

Dude, why? I understand selling it to pay bills, but for a card that really isnt much different? Well to each his own, good luck finding your new card, you should just grab another 9700p.

I have to agree. Save your $$ and get another 9700p. For what you would spend on the 9800p 256 you could still pay some bills. The performace increase just isnt that impressive from 9700 to 9800 ive been told time and again. Good luck in whatever you decide.

or you can save further money and get a 9700np or 9500pro for around 185-210.

Back