• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upset about my results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

This makes no sense

I recently upgraded from a 9800 pro to a 850xt platinum edition.

My cpu is the same a 3200 overclocked to 2500mhz and my ram even though its not alot is still 1gb.

i got about 25,000 with my 9800 pro. now i barely get 23,000-24,000 with this.

only changed was the card. and my psu. 420w to 540w

Can anyone help me?

the lastest drivers are installed BUT i have catalyst control center this time. ididn't have that before.

Could the control center be slowing me down?

Are you talking about 01? you will barely see a difference with 01 when you buy a new card, because it's sooooo damn CPU dependant...

dan

3DMark 2003 or 2005 would be better.

EDIT - Even though 01 is CPU dependant, I would think that the X850 would be able to pull close to 30K, am I wrong? There is no way it should be pulling less than the 9800. Hmm... reinstall Windows! :p

Last edited:
You have to make sure all the eye candy(AA, AF, MITMAP ect) is turned off within CCC or that will take a big dent out of your scores.

uninstall CCC, its a fat program that doesn't do much, just use the control panel, did you reinstall drivers? your sig says you got 22k in 3dm01, try 3dm05 it should be in the 6-7k range

your 01 score is a bit low probably because of your ram OC and timings, are you running a divider?

Back