• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 x 770 Just Arrived

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anhikilator

Hi team,

Cards just arrived. I've installed them and took some pics. I'll add some results of the experience in this post as well.

Any benchmarks you might be interested? Please let me know. I don't have much xp benching so please also add some quick steps to do it.

Attachments

• IMG-20130702-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20130702-WA0001.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG-20130702-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20130702-WA0003.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG-20130702-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20130702-WA0005.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG-20130702-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20130702-WA0007.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG-20130702-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20130702-WA0009.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 293
Here you go. I put it side by side with the test I made a few weeks ago with my ex CF 7970 OC.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    31.9 KB · Views: 279
That looks like a single card on the eft...

What would be most interesting is seeing your baseline 7970's versus this card like you did in Heaven.

No I see it, just don't believe it, LOL! That said, on the right it shows 1x..these cards, in most tests are pretty close, so that difference is surprising is all.

Mmm, so which of the tests you think is wrong? On this new setup, I know both were running cause the overlay showed both cards speeds and temps. If there's something I can change is this setup up, please let me know.

Not much I can do with the radeons now :p

haha, no biggie. Could be poor scaling on that bench...though the Hwbot version sure does scale well on the AMD side.

I'd like to see what you have, benchmark wise on the 7970's compared to the 770.

No, for sure, the nvidia test was running with both cards. I didn't make any other benches with the 7970's. But please feel free to ask me any other tests for these cards. So far I tried
- COD BOPS2, no biggie.
- Tomb Raider, looks fantastic.
- Ghost Recon Future Soldier, I made a post about this game, it was looking terrible bad with mid high settings, I turned everything to high now, it stays at 60 all the time, looks awesome!!
- Skyrim, I thought there was something wrong with the game, now I know there was something wrong with the cards/drivers. It looks smooth as butter.
- Hitman Absolution, BAD! I've already knew from the 3dguru tests that this game has some drivers issues with SLI, same situation here, 30FPS with the NVIDIA Geforce Experience configuration.
- Battlefield 3, it's like a counter strike for these cards, smooth and beautifull, all ultra.
- Max Payne 3, OMG! This game was unplayable with AMD, I had this crazy issue where animations would get stuck in previous parts while voice continue. These cards allowed me to put everything on ultra, I didn't know I love this game, graphics are phenomenal.
- Borderlands 2, All high even physics, game looks the smoothest ever. I played it too while I still had the 2x580 and there was an issue with physics where you had to lower it to low to make it playable.
- Metro 2033 - Another example of the difference between FPS and smoothness. With the CF was capped at 60 but fast moving action looked skippy without dropping frames in FRAPS. Now, I have the same 60 FPS but a lot smoother.
- Diablo 3, no changes, looks awesome with both setups
- Sniper Elite V2, Could set higher super sampling, max playable with 7970s was 2.25, now I can play with 4. I can't tell the difference though.
- Crysis 2, same example as Metro, max settings, similar fps, smoother game play.
- Chivalry, it was like day and night, amazing how it looks now with all maxed out. Before it felt like I was dragging my character around.
- Dead Island, Worse, this issue I've been mentioning of skippy feeling, (un-smoothier movements maybe?) I had it in this game too, but it's even more accentuated with the 770s
- Fifa 13, There's no difference in FPS but, while is was playing the game with CF, I have this random flickering all over the place. Now it's gone.
- Saints Row the Third, No differences here, worked well and it's working the same now.
- League of Legends, I had this issue where the screen while do some kind of ramdom bright flash (like screen taking me a photo!). It's gone now.

Last edited:
Well, you are welcome to look at our reviews and run those... 3d11, 3dmark (Firestrike), Vantage, Unigine Heaven (Hwbot version) any of the free game benchmarks...We will have something up in time for SLI on those cards, but personal user experience/results are always good.

Nice rig ya got there. I want a h220 !

Please comment on smoothness compared to the 7970 cf setup.

A few posts above I'm describing the games I'm testing. I'll keep editing that one so I don't create one post per game. So far it's AWESOME! Looks a lot smoother than with 7970s

You are killing me ED!!! haha, it has to be either 13.4 or 13.5 beta. Can't confirm it. I'm running vantage now but I don't have the results of this test with the CF

Back