• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help picking a 21:9 monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoshOohAh

So I was looking at getting a 21:9 widescreen monitor but the current resolution is not supported for Starcraft 2 (which makes sense), however I came across this video
[1] and if you can wait until about 1:50 you can see he hits some buttons on his monitor and then it scales the game to that ratio. If you scroll a little further you can see him play and it doesn't look at all distorted. Do all the LG 21:9 support this feature? What's it called? Could anyone recommend a monitor of this ratio that would have a feature similar to this?
I want one of these monitors primarily because they would look beautiful for gaming and am aware there limited support for this resolution so a feature like this might actually cause a noticeable distortion in other games.

Thanks!

Sorry to see that this has been left unanswered for so long. I have the Dell equivalent of the LG 21:9 monitor, which I'm pretty sure all use the same panel type. Anyways, on mine I can say for sure that there is a mode in which you can let the monitor scale its aspect ratio depending on the input. I also use this monitor for Starcraft 2 (although not much) and it generally does change itself over automatically really well. It can also be toggled manually. I primarily play Diablo 3 right now and it is kind of annoying having the game not fully support the resolution, but at least with D3 I can run the game in windowed fullscreen and it fills everything up nicely.

Hope this helps

At least with the Dell variant, you can set the aspect ratio to AUTO, and it will detect whether or not to fill the screen or not. So for me, if i fire up starcraft 2 it will be in standard 1080 mode with black bars on the side, and stuff like Diablo 3 which i run in windowed fullscreen will still fill the entire screen

Back