• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am worried for my cpu temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mariosarmy

Registered
I have an intel i7 920 and water cooler coolit alc 240mm BUT my cpu temps are 35-40 idle and at full load 60-65.I have re applied thermal paste but the temps are the same.I wonder if the temps are fine or not.

you make no mention of oc or volts used if oc'd but stock those arent to way off depending on ambient temps as well. 920's are known to be somewhat warm

I have overclocked my cpu to 9.2ghz but the mobo did it.I just launch the app cpu lvl up and i chose 9,2ghz (it has also 3,2ghz option but it will be hotter).I am thinking to change cpu to 3rd gen because they are not getting so hot but i will need to change mobo too.

lol 9.2GHz is nigh impossible without the most extreme of cooling and volts so high you could roast a pig in a couple hours I'm understanding english might not be your first language and something might of gotten askewed in translation.

its 1am here gotta work in the morning I'll check back later

For only a 2.9GHz clock (240MHz overclock) from a 920, the Vcore shouldn't be any higher than the default voltage (VID), which w/ turbo disabled should be in the neighborhood of .98-1.12V. So take the Vcore off Auto (disable auto-overclocking), disable turbo mode, and manually adjust the Vcore to 1.12V. Also list your complete system spec's so we know what you're working with.

Back