• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7870 benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boosteeddc

so i decided to finally overclock my card a bit and see what i can get out of it, i ran a 3dmark11 when everything was factory settings and it seems as i got lower numbers now that my cpu and graphics card is overclocked. does any of these numbers seem right to you guys? my oc is 1175/1450, 20% power
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3727025

and heres the factory benchmark, everything is higher except for physics http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3410216

That is really strange... only thing I can suggest is for you to run the tests again and see if it repeats.

Well, since your Physics score went up, that means it took your CPU overclock.

My guess is throttling or an unstable overclock.

Its probably throttling, i would go back a bit with your OC. Same as mine would be a great value (1150/1380) which should work for as good as any 7870 and its a nice OC of 2x15%.

Throttling isnt necessarely the same clock for every card because some card will need more power than others due to different reasons. The chip and board design are the main offenders. Most cards can not go much higher than 1200 on the chip because throttling issue (even when stability still green). Even the RAM speed does matter. There is however some exceptions in term the board design does allow for above 20% power. Asus DCII seems to be better than the average PCB, and the best of all is probably the new MSI 7870 (that one with the military grade parts). However, until now i didnt find a single shop able to offer that piece.

Last edited:
Its probably throttling, i would go back a bit with your OC. Same as mine would be a great value (1150/1380) which should work for as good as any 7870 and its a nice OC of 2x15%.

Throttling isnt necessarely the same clock for every card because some card will need more power than others due to different reasons. The chip and board design are the main offenders. Most cards can not go much higher than 1200 on the chip because throttling issue (even when stability still green). Even the RAM speed does matter. There is however some exceptions in term the board design does allow for above 20% power. Asus DCII seems to be better than the average PCB, and the best of all is probably the new MSI 7870 (that one with the military grade parts). However, until now i didnt find a single shop able to offer that piece.

mine is a sapphire oc ghz edition, im gonna try your overclock, but did you turn up the power? i did mine at 20%
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3756730?key=4WoMT2UYGPskMcfrhHskVQ here is my new benchmark with 1150/1380 and 20% power, still everything is lower than factory except for physics, it seems as if i cant overclock this thing at all

Last edited:
Back