• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC gamers, pepare to be OWNED!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not yet perhaps, but it will only be a matter of time before video solutions from ATI and NVIDIA blow next-gen consoles out of the water. If you have any recollection of the past, it did not take long for computer technology to exceed that of the PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube :)

deception``

wow CG. what no in-game play. No offence but CG looks good on any system.

p.s. And why are they using Madden to debut this thing. Isn't that game dead already.

TheMonster said:
They may not be in-game shots, but I haven't seen anything on the PC to match it.

That makes as much sense as declaring Red Alert 2 a graphical miracle because of the pre-rendered intro movie.

I dont think so, maybe for a couple of months, but if you remember when the xbox came out games on it better than the PC for a small while you have to remember that ATI and Nvidia will most likly have released the next graphics soluitons by then

Also if were talking about next generation games, F.E.A.R is coming out soon, and we have games with the Unreal 3 engine that will come out

F.E.A.R

Unreal 3
p_soldier.jpg

Those graphics aren't rendered. They're instant replay graphics. You can zoom in and out and change camera angles to get those withing a millisecond after a play has occured so there's no way that they could be rendered that quickly.

theMonster said:
Those graphics aren't rendered. They're instant replay graphics. You can zoom in and out and change camera angles to get those withing a millisecond after a play has occured so there's no way that they could be rendered that quickly.

Where does it say so?

Even so, starting a thread with a title like that is only asking to get flamed. The fact remains, and I mean by fact - history has shown - that while consoles go in leaps and bounds graphically, PC's "catch-up" almost immediately thereafter, and then PASS their performance - because they're upgradable and expandable.

Mr. Chambers said:
because they're upgradable and expandable.

The very reason why for me, PC >>> console.

Still i'm not really convinced about the vid. they could render a replay too, couldn't they?

Sjaak said:
The very reason why for me, PC >>> console.

Still i'm not really convinced about the vid. they could render a replay too, couldn't they?

No, not enough time. Rendering takes massive CPU power. Replays are available as soon as the whistle blows in football games.

Flame all you like but these machines are sporting multiple 4ghz processors and a graphics core that is a year away on the PCs. Sure the PC will catch up and surpass but not as quickly as before. Also consider that this machine is going to be $299 without hard-drive and $399 with. I can't get a x800 or 6800GT for that now can I? I have a feeling we're starting to hit a threshhold of technology here and we're not going to see massive improvements so quickly anymore. 5 year shelf life of a console may get extended to 7-8 now.

theMonster said:
No, not enough time. Rendering takes massive CPU power. Replays are available as soon as the whistle blows in football games.

Flame all you like

I am NOT flaming intending, i am just not convinced that that vid. is actual in-game footage. The whole thing could be rendered with the replays as part of it.

Show me a reliable site saying it is, and i shalt believe thou.

First off, the thread was started for all the wrong reasons.

Second, (In an interview) the team developing the game stated they did not want to commercial to air in its current state because they felt it was not true to the way the game will look. More specifically, they said the game will actually look better than what was seen on the commercial. http://sports.ign.com/articles/606/606601p1.html

Also most of the commercial is not "in-game" footage.

games.ign.com said:
First off, what you're about to see, and what you've been seeing in screenshots are not actual gameplay. It turns out that the commercial and all visuals released are actually an artist's interpretation of what Madden could look like on the Next-Gen systems.

*no further comments*

hibner said:
p.s. And why are they using Madden to debut this thing. Isn't that game dead already.

Yea, didn't EA buy Madden, and completly ***** it up beyond all recognition if I recall one of your other posts correctly?

TheGreySpectre said:
I dont think so, maybe for a couple of months, but if you remember when the xbox came out games on it better than the PC for a small while you have to remember that ATI and Nvidia will most likly have released the next graphics soluitons by then

Also if were talking about next generation games, F.E.A.R is coming out soon, and we have games with the Unreal 3 engine that will come out

F.E.A.R

Unreal 3
p_soldier.jpg

z0mfg!! i had no idea the unreal 3 engine looked so l33t wow

theMonster said:
Sure the PC will catch up and surpass but not as quickly as before. Also consider that this machine is going to be $299 without hard-drive and $399 with. I can't get a x800 or 6800GT for that now can I?

$300 or $400 is a completely artificial price. I'm not saying Microsoft won't give them away for that much, because they will. However the reality is that the hardware is far more valuable than that. M$ will be taking a *huge* loss on each box they sell because they know they'll get it back eventually in game sales. With specs such as you mentioned, the cost of an Xbox 360 will easily top a grand. So M$ is going to take a multi-hundred dollar bath on each unit they sell.

The PC market doesn't work that way. There is no monopolistic hardware supplier, and the hardware vendors don't get even a cent in software royalties. So you can see why consoles are artificially cheap.

There are two truths that will never change:

1. You will always be able to buy a console at a fraction of the price a similarly spec'd PC would cost.

2. Very shortly after their release, consoles are eclipsed by PCs in terms of graphics and performance.

Who do you think makes all the components in that Xbox? I guarantee the video in an XBox 360 is done by either nVidia or ATI. And PC CPUs are more powerful per-unit and capable of running in tandem or multiples just like what you see in the 360. So PCs have all the parts available to them, it's only a matter of months before the puzzle gets put together.

The 360 will have it's day in the sun on top, but enjoy it... it's going to be very, very short.

The xbox360 graphics come from the ATI 520R Fudo chipset.

Yes, EA completely screwed everybody over with the NFL license, but this was more about the xbox360 demo than Madden.

Well, leave it to EA to jerk us around again by faking in game graphics on a commerical. They say that if will look better than the commercial though, so even though I hate EA that still leaves me stoked.

I for one prefer console gaming to PC gaming. I feel the controlls are smoother and more responsive on consoles, there are no crashes and the experience is just all around more satisfying. Plus, how great will that look on my 47" HDTV? :santa:

Back