• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keyboards, for gaming, mechanical?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I see it now, its just hidden within the F9 to F12.

I dont like the fact that i have to press 2 buttons for it to work, since i tend adjust while im gaming. and dont want to use 2 hands.

I Like this one WOW

After going mechanical, I won't go back.

The Guy in the video that Sobe Linked says he always used a mechanical, But now he is in Love with the Apex Raw

But it does :eek: Even says it does on the page I linked :p
Some one is not ready Carefully It sounds Like me :bday::bday:

Well to start off I think I am the Only one on this forum who is using the Oldest keyboard ( maybe ) it is a 11 year old Labtec

And I always wondered what Can all these other Keyboards do that Mine cant ??

But now that I have Looked at the Max Nighthawk X9 WOW I like this with my headphones & 2 usb hooks and the Lights it Looks Nice .

But is is really worth it to upgrade my Keyboard At this Time I am not sure , But yet again I think I will gane so much more with my Gaming :)

I see it now, its just hidden within the F9 to F12.

I dont like the fact that i have to press 2 buttons for it to work, since i tend adjust while im gaming. and dont want to use 2 hands.

Sorry But you sound Like a Very very Picky Person

Am I right ?? Has any one told you this Before ??

:clap::clap:

Most mechanicals use the FN key setup, and quite frankly, I adjust volume just fine, even in games. If you can't find a reasonable listening level to stay at, I'd say something might be wrong :p

Sorry But you sound Like a Very very Picky Person

Am I right ?? Has any one told you this Before ??

:clap::clap:

Its been mentioned at least a few time in my Corsair 600T build thread.

I am very picky, not going to lie.

I tried out the Apex for a few hours now, I really liked the software, being able to disable keys, but it drove my mad that pure white isnt possible.

Im now back on my logitech, it feels much better already, i use at least 3 differnt keyboards in my normal work day, but the Apex, i just kept hitting the wrong keys.

I am going to return the Apex, dont think im going to swap it for the Raw as its the same keyboard, so i would properly end up with the same issues.

Now guys, hunting season is once more open.

Trying out the Apex mad this even harder.

Found that i liked the wide spacebar, and i want the buttom part to lean my hand on.

Not to be off topic

But it is Funny you are from Denmark

I got Married in Denmark :)

But why? :p

Now guys, I have decided i might as well just take the plunge and got mechanical. Now guys, point me at one you think i may like.

Remember:
White light
Pad in front for leaning hands on
Separate volume buttons
Option to disable single keys (software i guess)

Oh and cone someone explain what the hack red/black/blue?? keys are?

Aside from rewiring a board with white leds imo you dont really have much. It sounds like you would like the Gigabyte Osmium Aiva, although its blue led it meets your other requirements.

But why? :p

Now guys, I have decided i might as well just take the plunge and got mechanical. Now guys, point me at one you think i may like.

Remember:
White light
Pad in front for leaning hands on
Separate volume buttons
Option to disable single keys (software i guess)

Oh and cone someone explain what the hack red/black/blue?? keys are?

Mechanical Keyboard Guide

Read this, it'll help you pick.
Section two address your question directly, and then some.

Also, my G710+ has everything you listed except single key disable.

The red, blue, black, brown, etc. that you hear are the different types of Cherry MX switches. They can have differing actuation forces, and may or may not have a tactile bump when activated.

Will read it, but yeah, I kinda found out that Steelseries are the only ones with that software at the moment.

If what you're worried about is the Windows key, mine disables that.
There are some keyboards with dip switches do disable select keys also.

The Ducky Shine 3 will disable Windows and swap Left Ctrl for Caps Lock. You can also unassign the tilde key in BF4, IIRC.

Edit: Wow, completely forgot about your other requirements briefly.

Edit 2: Look around here

I have been reading about the different types of switches now.

Since i do like a light touch to my buttons, i think i need Cherry MX Red.

Now to find the right keyboard.

Just a small FYI. I cannot get ducky boards, i am limited to the more well known brand names. Corsair, Gigabyte, ThermalTake, ROCCAT, Razer (eh, NO), Cooler Master, Steelseries and Logitech.

Looking it over, the Gigabyte does seem like it favors my likes, now the only issue is, the White LED one is Cherry Brown, while the Blue LED one is Cherry Red.

Back