• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everybody read this ; last informal warning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Guys,

The purpose of this thread is not to rehash the processor wars or the graphics card wars. The bumpage is good but there are other places on the forums for those discussions.

Why not simply call the thread "READ OR DIE" or, alternatively, "OMG NEW RADEON 99900Billion!1one" ?

Cjwinnit said:
Why not simply call the thread "READ OR DIE" or, alternatively, "OMG NEW RADEON 99900Billion!1one" ?

Because its thread spamming and its against forum policy and in turn against what this thread is trying to accomplish.

TruckyJ said:
Because its thread spamming and its against forum policy and in turn against what this thread is trying to accomplish.

I was half-kidding, it's 4am here. I should sleep....

Im gonna bump this to the top again so some people remember not to insult other people with stupid remarks or straight up laugh at someones problem.

Need to get the point across first, and see how many people would actually post that they read it. If it was unstuck much longer I would've bumped it for my first time.

I haven't been to the forums for a while and I am not commonly in the Video section anyways. However, I did find this thread a welcome addition (although, it was dancing into a whole lot of different areas at times), and I have my two cents to add...

What most people seem to be forgetting is the purpose of this forums, which is for computer users to ask for assistance and to help others. For a long time, I had a Voodoo 3 in my main rig until fall 2002, and then I had an Nvidia Geforce 3 clear up till Black Friday 2003. If I needed help, I would expect somebody who knows the information to help me out, even though I may not be running a video card from one of the two main manufacturers. In turn, I would try my best to help somebody out even though I personally do not prefer that company. This isn't a fight about what company is the best, it is computer users helping each other out, that point has to be remembered.

While discussions about what component is the best can and will come up from time to time, those discussions should be about the facts. Once again, it is computer users helping each other out, not people trying to establish leet pride in what they bought and to put down other people who didn't buy their specific components. For one reason or another I may have bought my components, such as the ATI card I now have I run only because of Black Friday. Comparison discussions should exist to help me know about the advantages one card has over another as well as the weaknesses, so that I can purhcase an appropriate card.

Overall, the goal is for computer users to help out fellow users. Trying to be superior to others and to put down inferior users should never be a goal here. Also, putting down something that you hate should not be a goal either.

I always expect the members of this forum to be helpful to me and I will do my very best to be helpful back. As long as the main reason as to why we are all here is remembered, then everybody should have an awesome time here.

Eitherways, my two cents is over. Just wanted to let everybody know what I thought on this issue...

squeakygeek said:
could make it an announcement?

We could but then there would be two announcements that say the same thing. One clean and the other spammed to the point that all our real discussion in here is hiding in the static.

Oni said:
'cause nobody ever reads the stickies.

bump.jpg

Not true... I read them "First" because they are so helpful and useful
;)

Back