• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case lighting,What color?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mattyts

Registered
I'm planning on replacing my cheap blue fans in my case with branded corsair fans that aren't coloured,i plan on lighting my case with some light strips but stuck on what colour to get,have the chose of green,blue,red or white..what are your preferences? if anyone has some pics of their setup,it would be appreciated.

I prefer no lighting or white lighting so the components are not tinted in the color of the lighting. That's Just my opinion. Lighting is a personal preference, so it's really all up to you and what you like.

It really depends on your taste as the others already pointed out. Also I think it depends on the color sheme of your components / case itself. I have black case / green light going on right now. I saw a build with a white case and blue coloring, that looked awesome.
As long as you keep it consistent and are happy with it, you're good to go!

PS: White LEDs is the next thing I would like to test on my next build.

Your choice man... as you can see, every poster has a different set of tastes. Since this is your box, do what YOU want to do. :)

GL and post back with pictures!

Lights really aren't that expensive whether you go cold cathode or LED. Go with your gut, and you can just replace them later for $10 if you don't like them.

Fan of blacklights myself, but without UV reactive inards (ala DFI lanparty) its kind of pointless. You are the one who has to look at it, so pick what you like and show us how it comes out.

blue 100%, since many lights are blue in general on many different things...

Back