• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Haswell coming from Sandy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

I recently built a computer for a friend using an Asus Z97 Pro board and an Intel i7 4790 CPU. I personally have an Asus Maximus V GENE Z68 board and an Intel i5 2500K CPU. I found my friend's computer at stock speed is way snappier than my O.C. 2500K CPU. Makes me want to jump ship to a Haswell build though average price would be around $500 and is it worth it at the moment. I would want to keep DDR3, so waiting for Haswell-E probably isn't a choice. I think an i7 4790K would be the last CPU I can get with DDR3 worth upgrading. What do you guys think?

dja2k

Remember that a new build has a clean operating system which in and of itself will make it snappier. You may want to see if after a few months of loading programs and resident programs, that doesn't slow his system down too.

I know exactly what you mean and trust me I've cleaned installed Windows a number of times and I've never saw my system like that.

dja2k

Back