• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolant question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Distilled water + a few drops of PT Nuke + Whatever color UV dye you want. If your mixing metals you will want some anti corrosive ---->Anti Freeze<------

I use distilled water that I boil before adding to my system.
I then add a healthy splash of anti-freeze (<3%).

My system holds just under 3 gallons, and FluidXP for that would cost more than my processor and mobo combined. :eek:

freshly opened distilled water and water wetter, i change water at least every 4-6 months and haven't seen any issues.

With the smell of water wetter, I wouldn't be surprised if bacteria simply refused to move in. :D

I wouldn't say that it's designed for it, but by nature it certainly isn't very good for the little critters, and I've never gotten any while running it. Also keeping air out of your loop is a biggie, I always seal my loops up real good so nothing can float on in and no air is getting in to let critters grow.

Some bacteria also needs light, so all internal or mostly internal systems that do not expose the tubes to much light should not have as much of a problem with bacteria. Opaque (to UV and inferred as well as visible) tubing should have basically the same effect. But no reason not to add a few drops of biocide to make sure.
Dan

Back