• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's 2400+ (35W) Mobile Review / OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WOA....250 FSB with only 1.4 vdd......it took 1.9 to get 250 on my dfi......

sen, what are you running your mobile at now, and what voltage.

i might be fixing to sell one of my mobiles, and im gonna get another one when i sell this one.

im debating on whether to go with the 2600+ IQYHA 0351MPMW off excaliberPC, or whether to wait for a 35Wer. i have seen the IQYHA MPMW 2600+'s go [email protected] so i figure that should be around 2.65-2.75 on extreme air..............

but i dont know....what do you thing 2400(35w) or 2600(45w) w/ uber stepping?

yeah im gonna go with Uber 2600+

P.S. i have an A64 in the making, but when i got all my stuff in i got a DOA and am in the RMA prossess. mabye ill have better luck then.....

Sentential said:
:confused:

Well whatever happened..... did something to my NF7. Im back to using 1.4VDD stable again.. but now its at 250:confused:

Ive *NEVER* seen 250 run for more than a minute. Now it primed till 12 minutes.

Well atleast Im making progress now:beer:

Sweet. Let us know how that goes.

Sounds though like the legendary NF7s are back. I've heard of quite a few recently doing DFI like speeds.

But 1.4?! Does raising it give you any more headroom?

Do you think that you're cooling isn't cutting it for higher VDD's? I remember that 1.7v wasn't stable on my NF7 with the stock cooler, I think.

All are very good questions... I really need to buy a damn multimeter.

Anyhoo... priority 10 stable @ 247 again. Unfortunatly its too late for me to start the chipset mod again. Ill give it another crack tommah.

My settings:

VDD 1.4v
CPU: 1.775v (1.73 actual)
247.6 (247 BIOS) x 10

Raising it actually has no effect :confused:, thus I use 1.4v. Im positive that I totally removed my chipset mod as well.

Sentential said:

Ah! That *is* a very good question. You see I have found a loophole.

There is a bug in the NF7 that allows for higher peak bandwith with PC4000 that no one knows about:cool: .

You see...using "Auto" RAM timings provides the same if not better bandwith than 2.5-3-4-11. Not only this but it OCs *much* MUCH better, as if it were using 3-4-4-11, but dosnt sacrifice *any* bandwith in the process.

"Auto" uses 3-4-4-10, thus that is what is listed in my signature.

I really appreciate the comments pplz.... I honestally hope that my results have helped someone here today. That is all that truly matters.
________

Beerhunter.... I love that W/C setup you have. I wish I had the effort and $$$ to W/C. Unfortunatly Im stuck with Thermalrights for now.

mcoleg what you are experiencing with Si-sandra is normal. When a CPU is tasked heavily things get really jerky. Thats totally normal.

I hope your OCing is going well. If you want some more info I would be glad to share it with you

Sentential, thank you, i apreciate it. glad to hear it's normal behavior for the cpu - thought i broke it by pushing it too far :p.

had to take a break from nf7s system to deal with my pIV puter - finaly got a new m/b for it. used to have a pIV 2.4c on be7g, max fsb i could get was 179, which resulted in a 2.1GHz :p. with ai7, runnung it at 268 fsb at 3.21 with one of those big quiet zalman heatsinks. i know it's nothing special but for that computer stability is paramaunt so i am pretty happy :) for now :p.

now i can get back to nf7...

i must say, ever since i got the new m/b (with blue ram slots) i was a bit confused. it doesn't behave quite as the older nf7s i had (black slots) dispite the fact they both are v2. this is what i noticed so far, if it's of any interest:

-memory controller and power circutry were redone somehow. to begin with, now memory isn't overvolting as much as it used to - at 2.9v it's only about 2.94-2.95v actual, before it was betwin 3.02-3.04v. on the old m/b to get to the higher fsb 1:1 with memory best bet for me was to set it to "by SPD" setting. now it's AUTO.

-vcore seems to flactuate less.

-south bridge is noticebly warmer.

-northbridge requires less voltage to get to higher fsb - i needed 1.7v for 241MHz, now it's only 1.5v.

-max fsb results are about what you have, Sentential, i would assume it's pretty typical? it's higher than on my old board, that's for sure... and everything is running pretty much stock right now, haven't had the time to play with it yet.

i think the comment about northbridge heating up has merrit, i was thinking about the same lines. my next step is to replace stock sink with one of these:

http://www.svc.com/zanoco.html or

http://www.svc.com/vansolcopvga.html

these are the ones i have lying around... vantec is cooper and has a fan on it, on the other hand zalman is much larger and i can just bolt a lil' fan to it... still thinking about which is better.

the major problem being, of course, not the cooler itself but the connection between the chip and the sink. stock one doesn't seat very tight.

i'll let you know if it would make any difference.

Sentential, i hope you don't mind me posting with all this in your thread; it just seems we are trying to achieve the same goal - high fsb, with pretty much identical hardware, as far as m/b and the cpu goes.

and be careful with the multimeters - that's how my last m/b wen't :p

Damn straight bro:beer:

I used a 5900U cooler for my NB. Strangely...my NB is perfectally fllat:confused:.....and I mean *perfect*.

Still having trouble stabilizing high FSB speeds. My guess is that my NB isnt getting enough voltage. Unfortunatly its too late to try anything... so it will have to wait till tommah

Goin for a P95 screenie and this is what I get:mad:

....Sorry for the resize

current.jpg

I finally got up a nice FSB (well, nice comparitively at 228) and it ran for just over an hour before Prime crashed, but I had to take it back down to 218, because at 228 x 11.5, Prime crashed pretty quick, and I didn't want to run 228 x 11 right now. Memtest runs my ram at pretty high (near or right over 230) FSB speeds without errors, but Prime errors out quick, and programs like IE crash from time to time.

Right now I'm at 12 x 218, gonna let it Prime tonight. I wish I had your luck and good fortune with high FSBs ... I think a volt mod is going to be in order for me, however.

Keep us updated on the progress. I, for one, am taking notes. :)

- Dave

Sentential, how about keeping vcore high, same 1.8v i would think, but dropping multiplier to 9.5?

the northbridge seems flat here too but i am pretty much sure it isn't really. the stock h/s on swims on thermal goo, that can't be good... i am almost tempted to use one of those sticky pads instead. i wish abit would have used same cooler on nf7's as they've got on ai7... that thing is massive for a stock cooler :p .

PerlAddict, have you done L12 mod?

mcoleg said:
Sentential, how about keeping vcore high, same 1.8v i would think, but dropping multiplier to 9.5?

the northbridge seems flat here too but i am pretty much sure it isn't really. the stock h/s on swims on thermal goo, that can't be good... i am almost tempted to use one of those sticky pads instead. i wish abit would have used same cooler on nf7's as they've got on ai7... that thing is massive for a stock cooler :p .

Nah its not a multi issue. That sorta stuff is fictional. Unless you drop it like to 5x, only then might it make a difference.

Personally if you want the AI7 or IC7 cooler, you can buy it from excaliburPC and epoxy it on.:beer:

mcoleg said:

one should stay at 10 or above and try not to use .5x multi's if they have the option. both scenarios would cause some slight diminishing effects on throughput.

I had my multi at 5 and 6 while trying to find the top FSB for my system (and yeah, I've done the L12 mod) ... I'm using D23 3D-Fire (I had sub zero ... the highest I posted with either of them was 245), but I can't get Prime to be stable unless I'm in the 210's ... trying to get stable at 217 right now.

I can boot into Windows and post on the forums at 237 (well, managed once, anyway), but nothing below that worked very well. 227 worked for a bit, but was still nowhere near Prime stable, so now I'm back down.

But that's a story for my 2400 thread, and not Sen's ;) ... sorry for the semi-hijack.

your board may not work as well with d23 and d24 bios's. mine certainly doesnt. try some of the d22 modded bios's if u havent already sone so.

good luck.

I tried D22 BetaKing, and I yielding much worse results as far as being able to post. I don't like using Abit's BIOS ... I wonder if anyone's had good results with the new modded D24.

What are you using, Sen?

PerlAddict said:
I tried D22 BetaKing, and I yielding much worse results as far as being able to post. I don't like using Abit's BIOS ... I wonder if anyone's had good results with the new modded D24.

What are you using, Sen?

Im using D22BK Turbo (the original, limited edition). So far so good on my part... although my mobo is bein a royal duche-bag right now :-/ .... all it needs is a swift kick in the a$$

Still stabilizing meh FSB. 248 / 249 go for an hour but fail immediatly after restarting the test. Im gonna keep workin with it.

-Sen

Back