• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's 2400+ (35W) Mobile Review / OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you notice my DIMM slots.... they are blue. That notion is false mcoleg. The new NF7 clock just fine;)

alright! thanks man... guess i'll be ordering a new one than.

darn, that's the first m/b i've ever fried :p need beer...

mcoleg said:
alright! thanks man... guess i'll be ordering a new one than.

darn, that's the first m/b i've ever fried :p need beer...

Unfortunatly it wont be the last...:( Thats the main reason why I dont do volt mods....just in case I *ever* need to RMA something

i just got stupid is all...

as for rma'ing, we'll, not too sure about it. i did burn it, my fault, you know; no rma for this guy.

of course if i couldn't buy a replacement i wouldn't have tried any mods on it in the first place.

how did your vdd mode go?

Seems like a good cpu, but my desktop can boot int owindows @ 250fsb but after about 5 min or so of testing the thing fails, not sure if its the cpu or the motherboard or the ram, its most likely my ram since it isnt the ebst kind for overclocking.

Overall from youre results the 35watt's dont seems any diff from the 45watt.

CandymanCan said:
Seems like a good cpu, but my desktop can boot int owindows @ 250fsb but after about 5 min or so of testing the thing fails, not sure if its the cpu or the motherboard or the ram, its most likely my ram since it isnt the ebst kind for overclocking.

Overall from youre results the 35watt's dont seems any diff from the 45watt.

Agreed.... I was hoping for more... but its still a damn good CPU

mcoleg said:
i just got stupid is all...

as for rma'ing, we'll, not too sure about it. i did burn it, my fault, you know; no rma for this guy.

of course if i couldn't buy a replacement i wouldn't have tried any mods on it in the first place.

how did your vdd mode go?

No...unfortunatly you are gonna have to buy a replacement. This is why I dont volt-mod. Im a really unlucky guy... I wouldnt dare mod my mobo, in the fear that something may go wrong

I have found the problem with my NF7's in-ability to go to 250. Unfortunatly its a combination between my chipset and CPU. Im gonna see what I can do... but I think its fine for now.

Now stable @ 248 x 10 @ 1.8v..... not too shabby

________

My RAM has been *officially* ruled out. Im now using 2.6v @ 248 and its perfectally stable. Any higher yeilds thousands of errors in memtest86.

My old VIA mobo did something similar.... unfortunatly it was once again a combination between the CPU and chipset.

Last edited:
Must...control...myself...not...to...buy...Mobile...Athlon...chip...and....have...overclocking...fun.

Must...wait...and...save...up...for...Athlon64

Ok...Opteron...dual...core...

Whew!

stmok said:
Must...control...myself...not...to...buy...Mobile...Athlon...chip...and....have...overclocking...fun.

Must...wait...and...save...up...for...Athlon64

Ok...Opteron...dual...core...

Whew!

Yea....honest to god, you will be far better off with A64. A64 puts the AthlonXP to shame. Good luck on your future project:cool:

-Sen

UPDATE:

Sheesh!!!:eek:... this thing responds shockingly well to burn-ins and stress programs.

Now Priming 248 x 10 @ 1.75v (BIOS) :eek:

All I have done is use P95 to test.... and use CPUBurn overnight the past 2 days.

If this goes... Im gonna try 2.6 next :beer:

Hmm, interesting OC and burn-in results :]
btw - often burn-in effect is not strictly to CPU itself, but thermal compound, that's known to transport heat better after running in stress conditions :)

btw2 - most of "common" multimeters use relatively high voltage for ohm-o-meter; professional ones usually run passive on everything but ohm-o-meter (+very high resistance for voltage check) and this test is done with lower voltage (usually 1.5v max), which is very unlikely to damage comp. So better check one multimeter with another (one running ohm-o-meter, second tests it with voltage meter)

btw3 - don't blame me for any comp damages :D

CandymanCan said:
does Memtest86 pass ?

----> Yes Memtest86 is 100% stable

Ven0m said:
Hmm, interesting OC and burn-in results :]
btw - often burn-in effect is not strictly to CPU itself, but thermal compound, that's known to transport heat better after running in stress conditions :)

btw2 - most of "common" multimeters use relatively high voltage for ohm-o-meter; professional ones usually run passive on everything but ohm-o-meter (+very high resistance for voltage check) and this test is done with lower voltage (usually 1.5v max), which is very unlikely to damage comp. So better check one multimeter with another (one running ohm-o-meter, second tests it with voltage meter)

btw3 - don't blame me for any comp damages :D

I go about a different method of burning in CPUs. Its very similar to what we use for fouling sparkplug / magnetos in an aircraft.

The process involves leaning out the fuel source to its critical point... and burning the hell out of it at a high RPM for several seconds. This cleans out the carbon deposits in the cylinders....

I adopted this process to my CPUs. I use the lowest critical v-core available, and allow P95 to fail. When it does I re-run it over and over again. In addition I use CPU burn overnight.

My results are shockingly similar to my Tbred, that I shaved off .15v from. (1.85v ---> 1.725 @ 2.35ghz)

(1.775v)

Run #1: 4 mins
Run #2: 10 mins
Run #3: 2 hours 46mins

Im gonna try 1.75v next

more speed captain. you got the near 250 FSB, now if you can bump the multiplier to 12.... well hot damn that would be sweet, definitly some sort of record if you do.

ares350 said:
more speed captain. you got the near 250 FSB, now if you can bump the multiplier to 12.... well hot damn that would be sweet, definitly some sort of record if you do.

He needs to hit 260...

260.JPG

very nice. your somewhat my testor, my PC Im building is pretty close to yours, with the exception that I have a lanparty MOBO, a gig of ram(though unless I got lucky, it wont be seeing 250fsb), and its all watercooled. same processor, same videocard.

watching closely to see how you do for hints of what I might strive for.

FSB is only half the battle, Ive yet to see a 3000mhz amd on something other than sub zero cooling. 250x12 would do it. though I suppose 11 would be more than respectable.

ares350 said:
FSB is only half the battle, Ive yet to see a 3000mhz amd on something other than sub zero cooling. 250x12 would do it. though I suppose 11 would be more than respectable.

Trust me man.... its not a matter of voltage. XPs just cant handle that kinda stress. I have yet to see someone with both high multis and FSB

Sen - When you burn-in, do you run stock speeds at the lowest vcore (I can't remember what the lowest vcore setting available is on the NF7), or do you run your OC at the lowest vcore that will allow you to actually boot to windows and run Prime. How long does it normally take to fail, and how many times do you run it?

Also, how in the WORLD do you get such high FSB's on an NF7 with no volt mods? Good gosh, man! What could you hit before you did the L12 mod? I can boot into Windows at 218 fine, and Memtest runs with zero errors, but Prime hates a FSB of 215 and over, it seems (running 210 currently).

And for your final jeopardy question, got a link to that CPUBurn program? :D

Back