• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's 2400+ (35W) Mobile Review / OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CandymanCan said:
So umm what youre complaining that u cant get over 246fsb ? Gimme a break, just lower the fsb to like 240 and raise the multi i wanna see how far this cpu can go not ur Fsb.

Im using BTD43 right now.... lowering the FSB would kill my bandwith. But I did do as you suggested and it toped off around 2.65ghz. I didnt feel like doing a straight 400FSB.... but Ill give that a spin today

mcoleg said:
try d23 3dfire, for me it seemed to add a couple of points on fsb.

3Dfire acted really weird on my PC. So I refrained from using it.

_________

However I am having good luck now. I have begun the burn-in process and it is working splendidly.

For the burn-in Process. I set my FSB to DDR500. I ran P95. It failed almost immediatly. I kept re running it after it failed. After a few rounds one finally caught hold and burned for 5 mins or so.

Once I hit that I ran a program called CPU Burn overnight for 8 hours.

Now I am rock solid @ 248 x 10 @ 1.8v:cool: . Im gonna repeat the process today in anticipation of 250.

My internet connection is up and the benchies will be up shortly, later on today.

As for the CPU its more of the same and is exactally what I feared. My CPU is almost identical to my old Tbred.

It work at an average OC....but can use an incredibally low amount of voltage... but lacks any top end.

This will not be a 2.6 - 2.7ghz CPU because of my high FSB and my Over-Voltage-Protection, that the new NF7 have.

However I must say... this chips runs considerabally cooler than my Tbred <5-10c* cooler>

pershoot said:

it does that (or will just stay stagnant on the win screen (if u run windows.. bar wil keep moving but wont load). this was more prevalent with the 35w then it was for my 45w (but similar types of traits observed here and there). give it time. after enough nudging it will accept the voltage and go higher.

you will probably come back to or finish up on d22a1bkr2 (i switched between d22 3dfire (my old 2500+'s bios) and d22a1bkr2 a few times while OC'ing the 35w (even tried d23 subzero and d23 3dfire too for kicks (d23 didnt work very well for me on both cpu's)).

good luck man:)

No....this CPU is more prevasive. Windows is fine and it appears stable all the way to 257 FSB. But any app or program other than windows causes a hard-lock and reboot.

Also with the FSB I cannot touch 2.6ghz without a reboot, despite voltage. Im not sure if its my OVP kicking on or the CPU cant handle it.

____

I agree with everyone. FSB *does* in face raise v-core minumums. @ 2.4ghz (246 x 10), The least v-core I could use b4 it hardlocked was 1.75 (BIOS...not actual...actual is .05 lower)

Which in itself is *OK* but not great. Im still workin on it, it obviously needs to be burned-in.

hope 250x10 is doable. should take 1.8v or thereabouts.

so far it seems to be doing better than most 45w 2400+ mobiles :)

I got my 35w mobile a few days and it tops out around 2500 on air at 1.75-1.8 volts. I tried up to 1.95 volts but it refuses to load windows beyond 2600.

Yea....right now 250 x 10 @ 1.85v is looking good so far. Unfortunatly I know my RAM is the main issue...but oh well. Not bad for PC3200;)

OOOOOOoooh joy.....just what I needed.

Now after a shaky flash to D10... 1.4v now prevents my PC from posting :-/

Hopefully this will allow me to do the vdd mod

mcoleg said:
which one are you doing?

Im not entirely sure what you mean.... so Ill explain the whole story.

I was p*ed off that I cannot stabilize 250...so I flashed to Tictac's D10 4x4 Turbo.

Once flashed I *attempted* to change the FSB....the screen froze <not good>.... got into BIOS again... tried to change the FSB <froze again>....

I quickly got into windows and flashed back to D22 Alpha Turbo. <reboot>

Checked the FSB... works normally...ooooK... <re-try 250>... No post.... tried again... no POST :confused:...

Went to 245..... <no post> ..... Tried 245 using 1.7 VDD....<POST>...Hmmm.... 250 using 1.7 VDD.... POST...:confused:

_____

Re-tested 250.... <Failed>... Tried 246...<P95 stable>... Hmmm

B4 this happened my PC was never stable using 1.7v... but now it is:confused:

_____

Gonna try the VDD mod again and will see what happens. I will report with the details

- Sen

not an idle curiosity, mind you; i am plannig to do vdd and vdimm mode in an hour or so. i've tried vdimm (2 of them) and a vdd mode (dirty punk style) and failed so far. gonna try to play with it again today.

Sentential said:

**BEWARE** Checking the "voltage points" with a multimeter have been known to kill mobos. I'd ask b4 you do so

i fear it might be too late...

did the pencil one, tried to check the voltage and it doesn't start anymore. red light is on, when i push power button fans jerk a bit but that's as far as it goes.

any advise?

Jeeze man....Im sorry to hear :cry:. I'd undo the mod and see what happens. But other than that I dont know what to say

well, cleaned the pencil marks as much as i could... still same thing. any idea what exactly is burnt out when checking the voltage points goes wrong?

remember when i said, "i flashed a few times back and forth" and you will "probably finish off on ...". ya gettin the picture of the wierd phenomena which is OC'ing and and cross flashing?

i learned my lesson about flashing to d10 a while ago, haha. i see you just tasted the wrath, hehe.

i see that you were able to now bring yourself to 1.85 or so.. a few more days of pushin.. and u'll be able to bring it to 1.9 and gain that much more stability.... took about 3 days or so for this 35w i have here to be able to take 1.9. observe and adjust.. and youll be rockin.

you have a great shot at stabilizing 245-250 now. soon to be great OC man:)

pershoot said:
remember when i said, "i flashed a few times back and forth" and you will "probably finish off on ...". ya gettin the picture of the wierd phenomena which is OC'ing and and cross flashing?

i learned my lesson about flashing to d10 a while ago, haha. i see you just tasted the wrath, hehe.

i see that you were able to now bring yourself to 1.85 or so.. a few more days of pushin.. and u'll be able to bring it to 1.9 and gain that much more stability.... observe and adjust.. and youll be rockin.

you have a great shot at stabilizing 245-250 now. soon to be great OC man:)

Thnx alot man... It would be nice to get at 1.9v. But right now Im more interested in getting 250

that is what it will take to stabilize u im sure.. and possibly a lil bit more.. all depends..

i have great faith though.. u pretty much made it like 75%.. just a bit more to go..

rock it!:)

nope, nothing's working. sry to post with my problems guys... but wanted to ask you something. i hear newer nf7s are not all that fsb friendly. is that true?

Back