• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't find Al case with decent fan mounts!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cV

:bang head

I've been looking around the interweb for cases that have 120mm fan mounts for both intake and exhaust, but to no avail. And guidance/links would be highly appreciated.

I've heard of certain Lian Li models that have the adaptations, but they are very elusive.

And I don't have a circular saw, so that complicates things.

Also It'd be nice if the front panel is metal and not el cheapo plastic.

yea but that's steel.. id say ur best bet is the ams g mono.. but its damn expensive and u hvae to mod it

Several of the coolermaster alu cases come with a dual 80mm front grille (not made of plastic). I used this 90x160mm air intake for my radiator, which has a 120x38mm fan pulling air through it. You'll have to remove the fixed internal bays behind the grille to mount anything large there though.

I'm going to look through the selection on coolermaster's site, and the SLK3700AMB looks nice too. Will have to research.

AMS G?

"Quisque sibi proximus"

:D

heh it definately is when u lug it around every week for cal matches. although the 3700amb is definately a lighter steel case considering it isnt a full tower.. i think antec says it weighs in about 23 lbs.. the cheiftec aluminum is 18... so id say the slk 3700 is ur best choice considering its cooling properties.

get a cheaper skyhawk or house brand alum. case. then mod it. i gotta hydraulic circular hole punch ,send the part to me. or take it down to a car body shop and have em punch it out for u. also, some of the online stores will cut out holes for an additional price...

http://www.svc.com/sichxmidtoca.html is a really cool looking all aluminum case (including the face plate), Maxlva is building a box using one and I am waiting for him to give us the low down here at overclockers before buying one for myself...If you want aluminum, why not buy one of the Chieftec's that holds five 80m/m fans that just "snap" in...I know the face is plastic, but they are light and very inexpensive...Have you checked out the Antec Lan Boy???

Yes, I've worked with the chieftech/chenming case.. very convenient indeed... Just that it only has mounts for 80mm. For my (future) WC system I plan on using 120's and could easily mod... but... I'd like to be a little different.

The Antec SLK3700AMB sounds like a good buy, I'll consider it. Also those AMG cases... but the coolermaster Al's are really nice..

BTW Hi Gib... interesting place over here...

Back